• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official blake x RЯL officer chino contest

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
diaper-ass selvedge chinos. thats whats become of these are after 9 months of wear. even after having the seat and waist taken in. Maybe ****** is just too big so it stretches out more and more every time I sit down. The fabric is becoming thinner and thinner in the crotch as well. With that said, received multiple compliments last weekend while in SF. From the menz though :confused:

Last edited:

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

diaper-ass selvedge chinos. thats whats become of these are after 9 months of wear. even after having the seat and waist taken in. Maybe ****** is just too big so it stretches out more and more every time I sit down. The fabric is becoming thinner and thinner in the crotch as well. With that said, received multiple compliments last weekend while in SF. From the menz though :confused:

I will say that the cut of the seat in these things is the biggest drawback. i too had the seat and waist taken in and while it helped, they do stretch so with time it just gets worse. I still love mine, tho.

Gotta add that the nature of the "contest" where you/we subject pants to a more heavy use/less rotation/less washing probably adds to this. Of course they should be able to hold up to heavy use, but any fabric--even the really heavy denims--stretches and relaxes with time, use, and lack of washing/water.

clemente21

Reaction score

Yea - I would say that these are worth getting altered every couple of months though if that's what it takes.

clemente21

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Left Field Chinos (something like these http://www.leftfieldnyc.net/product/caramel-herringbone-chinos) compare with these RRLs? It seems like they're a little bigger in the thigh, but otherwise somewhat similar. I'm trying to find something similar that allows me to give the RRLs some more time off.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my foresight tells me that this is a disaster waiting to happen. what happens after you finally wash the chinos?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the pics of these faded are awesome. great contest

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know how the Left Field Chinos (something like these http://www.leftfieldnyc.net/product/caramel-herringbone-chinos) compare with these RRLs? It seems like they're a little bigger in the thigh, but otherwise somewhat similar. I'm trying to find something similar that allows me to give the RRLs some more time off.

I've not handled that fabric, but I've tried on the chino in two other fabrics. The fit is quite different--higher rise, more room in thigh, and wider from knee all the way down. Basically a "true" straight leg, where the RRLs are more of a slim straight--though to be fair not *that* slim, esp if you are actually skinny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads