• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official 2014 College Football Season Thread

Which Team Will Win the First Post-BCS, Non-Mythical FBS National Title?

• Free Shoes U

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Bammers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chokelahoma

• Wear Nike, Orweregonna Stop Giving You Money

• The Barners

• Nohio State

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Not USC, the Other LA College

• Every Wolverine's Backup School

• Cocks

• Does Anyone Care Enough About Baylor to Mock Them?

• 'Furd

• Greatest Team Ever in the History of College Football (aka The Only Team that Matters)

• LS Who?

• Wisky (not the good kind)

• USC West

• Clem's Son

• Manti Te'o's Girlfriend's Favorite Team

• All Slut U

• Ole (Seriously, Y'all Are Still Sort of Racist) Miss

• Johnny Manziel's Old Team

• A Kansas Team, but Not the Basketball One

• No, Seriously, What's a Cornhusker?

• Token Basketball School from NC

• Orange UT, But Not the SEC One

• UDub Fake Dawgs

• Other (AKA I'm a Delusional Fan of a Team No One Else Thinks is Any Good)

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OSU's Miller Out For Year

Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller is out for the season after sustaining a right shoulder injury during Monday's practice, a source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

Miller had an MRI on his throwing shoulder Tuesday morning, revealing the season-ending injury.

Widely tabbed as a Heisman Trophy contender this preseason, Miller suffered the injury during the Buckeyes' practice Monday, just hours after the senior declared himself 100 percent healthy following offseason surgery to the shoulder.

Miller sustained the injury during a non-contact portion of the practice and was taken off the field under medical supervision, a source told ESPN on Monday.

Miller threw for 2,094 yards and 24 touchdowns and ran for 12 more scores in leading the Buckeyes to the Discover Orange Bowl this past season.

Ranked fifth in the preseason Associated Press poll released Sunday, Ohio State is expected to be in the national title conversation.

The reigning two-time Big Ten offensive player of the year, Miller had first hurt the shoulder in the Orange Bowl. He had surgery that prevented him from contact in spring practice and was held out of several practices and scrimmages in August.

Redshirt freshman J.T. Barrett is expected to be the starter when the Buckeyes open the season on Aug. 30 against Navy in Baltimore. Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said Saturday that redshirt sophomore Cardale Jones is the third-team quarterback.

Miller is one of the Big Ten's most decorated quarterbacks, and the falloff in experience to Barrett and Jones is huge.

Miller has thrown 666 passes in his glittering three-year career, starting as a freshman. Barrett has never played in a game, and Jones has thrown only two passes.

Miller has also run for 32 touchdowns and passed for 52, putting him in reach of many of Ohio State's career records for quarterbacks. Jones has run for one touchdown and has never thrown for one.

Barrett was an acclaimed recruit out of Wichita Falls, Texas, who watched with Jones last year as Miller took most of the snaps in the Buckeyes' 12-2 season. When Miller was hurt for most of the San Diego State, California and Florida A&M games with a sprained knee, senior Kenny Guiton had big games while leading Ohio State to victories.

But Guiton graduated and the Buckeyes might have to adapt on the fly. Making that even more difficult is that Ohio State is without four of its five starting offensive linemen, its leading receiver (Corey Brown) and 1,500-yard rusher Carlos Hyde from last year's team.

Miller missed most of his senior season at high school in Huber Heights, Ohio, and has frequently been sidelined with injuries at Ohio State. As a freshman, he sprained an ankle against Nebraska -- a game in which the Buckeyes built a big lead but blew it -- but was able to play in subsequent games.

Two years ago, he missed time during the game at Michigan State when he fell into an equipment case on the sideline, and later in the game hyperextended his left knee. He was hit hard by Purdue's Josh Johnson later in the season and missed the rest of that game, with Guiton leading a stirring march in the final minute for a touchdown and the tying two-point conversion. The Buckeyes won in overtime.

Last season, he sprained a knee early in the San Diego State game and missed the rest of that game and the next two, with Guiton filling in.

Then he partially tore the labrum in his right shoulder on the first possession against Clemson in the Orange Bowl. He played the rest of the game. When the injury was discovered later, he had surgery in February.

Ohio State said at the time that Miller had "minor, outpatient surgery." But he has had problems with the shoulder since.

Still, he has repeatedly said he would be ready to go in the opener, and did so again between practices Monday. His workload had been reduced to avoid any ongoing soreness in the arm.

Miller has a $1 million total disability policy that he could collect if he never plays football again, a source told ESPN. That premium has been paid for by Ohio State, according to the source, but Miller does not have loss of value insurance that would cover him if he significantly slipped in the NFL draft.

ESPN.com's Austin Ward, ESPN's Darren Rovell and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sadpizza.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1) I like how he's still drinking water with his guilt food
2) Of all the CFB coaches named after popes, he's probably the best.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This was taken after they lost to Michigan St last year and their chance to go to the NC game.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate it for Miller, but if I got to choose a coach for the honor of watching his NC chances evaporate before the season even started...

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hate it for Miller, but if I got to choose a coach for the honor of watching his NC chances evaporate before the season even started...

I hate Ohio State and I hate Urban, but I'm still feeling a little guilty about this.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel no such guilt for Meyer. He's a weaselly whiner who ran a dirty program at Florida and got a pass because of the collective boner for St. Tebow. I do sincerely hate it for the kids, both Miller and the other players, but Meyer can suck it.

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

doubt they would've gotten a spot to begin with

It completely sucks for Miller… he's a dynamic player and really has some talent so it's a shame to see him out an entire year. Even though I'm a huge tOSU fan, I'll have to admit you're probably right. They would need to go undefeated AND win B1G Champ to get a spot and even with Brax that was still going to be tough.

@Connemara from the parallel CFB thread you said "I have no words"… and even if you did, I doubt one of them would have been "Barrett" unless preceded by "Who the **** is…?" or "Oh JFC we're stuck with…"

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope South Carolina beats the barnyard **** out of A&M tomorrow.

Jesus, it's happening!! Tomorrow!!!!!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This has been making the rounds on my Facebook recently. UGA has been killing it with the hype videos over the last couple seasons.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy College Footbaw Season, nerdykarim, and all who engage in this holy observation!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads