• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half the price if made my Tricker’s I think he means. :)

I’m guessing you meant made “by” trickers.

If so, whoa, Trickers must be quite expensive on the other side of the pond. Over here in the States, a basic Viberg is $700 or more. Trickers can be had here in shell for less than that.

IsoE

Reaction score
speaking of Kudu, what Truman Boot offers...goodyear welted, quite rough and very American looking.
upload_2019-3-15_12-46-39.png

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing you meant made “by” trickers.

If so, whoa, Trickers must be quite expensive on the other side of the pond. Over here in the States, a basic Viberg is $700 or more. Trickers can be had here in shell for less than that.
You must be in a hurry today. That’s exactly what we mean - Tricker’s are less expensive. Tut tut.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You must be in a hurry today. That’s exactly what we mean - Tricker’s are less expensive. Tut tut.

Yeah sorry, I totally misread that

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mrjamescost you seem to know quite a bit about Trickers.

Why do you think they haven’t capitalized on the popularity of the Joker boot, now that it seems Horween has solved the color falling off of the shell issue?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why do you think they haven’t capitalized on the popularity of the Joker boot, now that it seems Horween has solved the color falling off of the shell issue?

I don’t think shell is as popular in the UK although Trickers business is probably more export than UK based these days.

Is the green popular? Was it more popular for forum members possibly which might not represent a large proportion of their total sales?

Not trying to put down the joker boot by the way. I quite like them just wonder if they appeal to a limited audience from Trickers point of view.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

The cipresso green cordovan used on the Joker is from Comipel.
It's different than the Horween green stuff that Carmina uses.

Horween shell Tricker's are priced at $1600. See Mr Porter current season. I don't think they've used Horween shell before.

Funny thing about the Joker is that it was the quickest most painless GMTO I've ever participated in. Everyone agreed on the specs and paid up in record time with no dicking about.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m no authority on Tricker’s. Not even close. To be honest, for someone like yourself, I’m surprised you haven’t taken the leap with bespoke. Why not contact Tricker’s and get an idea how much they would cost. I hear that Tricker’s bespoke are hard to beat for value.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cipresso green cordovan used on the Joker is from Comipel.
It's different than the Horween green stuff that Carmina uses.

Horween shell Tricker's are priced at $1600. See Mr Porter current season. I don't think they've used Horween shell before.

Funny thing about the Joker is that it was the quickest most painless GMTO I've ever participated in. Everyone agreed on the specs and paid up in record time with no dicking about.

Oh yeah that’s right, Comipel; I forgot about that. Mr. Porter.... charges an arm and a leg for everything.

Had to laugh about the quick GMTO resolution. That’s pretty amazing. In every GMTO there always seems to be one or two that hold the entire group up, right?

I’m no authority on Tricker’s. Not even close. To be honest, for someone like yourself, I’m surprised you haven’t taken the leap with bespoke. Why not contact Tricker’s and get an idea how much they would cost. I hear that Tricker’s bespoke are hard to beat for value.

Funny you mention that James; the last time I was in London, I stopped in their factory. It was after closing hours for the factory shop, but for some reason they let me in, I met their bespoke guy. We had a great discussion about shoes. I have his info somewhere at home; I’ll be in Europe later this year, so I was actually considering making a trip over to the Isles and making my way to North Hampton. I figured it might be my only shot at getting the boot.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think shell is as popular in the UK although Trickers business is probably more export than UK based these days.

Is the green popular? Was it more popular for forum members possibly which might not represent a large proportion of their total sales?

Not trying to put down the joker boot by the way. I quite like them just wonder if they appeal to a limited audience from Trickers point of view.

Those are all great points. I tend to forget about the bubble we’re in here on styfo....lol.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yeah that’s right, Comipel; I forgot about that. Mr. Porter.... charges an arm and a leg for everything.

Had to laugh about the quick GMTO resolution. That’s pretty amazing. In every GMTO there always seems to be one or two that hold the entire group up, right?

Funny you mention that James; the last time I was in London, I stopped in their factory. It was after closing hours for the factory shop, but for some reason they let me in, I met their bespoke guy. We had a great discussion about shoes. I have his info somewhere at home; I’ll be in Europe later this year, so I was actually considering making a trip over to the Isles and making my way to North Hampton. I figured it might be my only shot at getting the boot.

I’d contact Richard at the Shoe Room Doncaster. He used to be the Shoe Healer. He did the original GMTO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads