• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have no problem with the "real" English made Grensons. I've got a couple pairs.
I just think 375gbp is a bit much for them.

They do look good though.

Carson

Reaction score
I totally agree about the price! It's exactly what I am looking for, in many ways, but at that price, I might as well spring for shell cordovan...

wunnaz

Reaction score
Grabbed a pair of Bourton, Lollipop Red with Dainite Sole.
very good price from TANGS, S'pore. 50% off.

docalden2013

Reaction score
All hell is breaking loose. After a run of about 20+ pairs of Aldens through last year, 2 of my last 3 purchases have been non-Alden. The first was a Viberg service boot from Leffot in Dec. This weekend, I finally got my first pair of Trickers: black stows from LeatherSoul. I'm really impressed with the quality. Solidity is the word that comes to mind. I had been warned that the double leather soles would be stiff, but they've already started to give way to a point where my foot feels secure rather than tortured. I'm very much a fan of the light welt; I think this will be a great addition to a brown-heavy stable of casual boots.

My apologies for the crappy iphone pics:

Special thanks to zippyh for talking me through the sizing process and assuring me that Trickers was as solid a puchase as the Aldens I've gotten used to. I'm so hooked that I pulled trigger for aniline green stow boots, which I'm now very eager to see by week's end.

Thank you for everyone's contributions to this thread. Lots of wonderful images and camaraderie. Now to save some dough for a cordovan MTO...

Carson

Reaction score
Ha! You should jump on my cotto cordovan allan MTO that seems in hibernation at the moment. I figure if you're going for green, you should have a cotto pair too...

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ha! You should jump on my cotto cordovan allan MTO that seems in hibernation at the moment. I figure if you're going for green, you should have a cotto pair too...

What can you compare the color of Cotto to?

Carson

Reaction score
Well, I believe "cotto" means "cooked" in Italian and sometimes used to described fired bricks. I'd call it a rich, darker kind of red. It's not burgundy. It doesn't have any eggplant or purple tones. I've held the pair in the photo in my hands, and it's a very unique color. Sometimes l like a more dramatic color like lollipop red cavalier leather, but this is not like that at all. It can be dressy or also work in more of a country casual setting...

Maybe Richard could come up with a more apt description as he's dealt with them a lot, I'm sure...

Here's a shoe from Bureau Belfast in cotto:

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/1246/cotto-cordovan-two-tone-super-shoe

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I really like that shade. Somewhat similar to my Alden #4.

docalden2013

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I really like that shade. Somewhat similar to my Alden #4.
I was just thinking Alden color 4--and that I need some sometime. And yes, zippyh is a great guy and a great enabler who doesn't care about my kid or my mortgage. He is basically a representation of my id
fistbump.gif

Carson

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a pair of black scotch grain Grasmere boots, but have not worn the "fitting 6" width before. I normally take an 8.5UK in a 4497 and this doesn't leave me much room in the front and is pretty well fitting with a medium sock. Any experience with the boot and particularly the 6 fitting would be appreciated. Essentially, I am just looking for a tough, black boot with a commando sole, that I don't have to baby, and I like tricker's. Anyone love these boots? Any better ideas?

Cheers,

Sean

cheva

Reaction score
got my Trickers Minster on 4444 last. Yep, its realy generous fit. Even with my FX/G fit - i should down 1/2 size... Heel slip. For boots it will be ok, but not for shoes. now thinking sell or put something back of my heel. For boots it will be ok

Last edited:

Magnakai

Reaction score
Surprised you find that cheva - I found the 4444 fit significantly more restrictive than the 4497. What were you comparing it to?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads