• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

MSAINT

Reaction score
Nope, the order and colors are right (well colors were advertised as stated by Shoehealer and reTricker).

Here's a picture of my C shade on double leather soles the day I got them from Shoehealer 5 years ago

The evolution of the color is pure patina...

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my golden tan Stows on commando soles from retrickers.. They said they were listed as seconds because they used the wrong polish in the factory...I'm assuming they used a darker polish based on how it compares to pics of the golden tan color. They look great though. David at retrickers recommended i stay with the same size in Stows as with the STP boots (langston model). Unfortunately I wish I'd sized down.
If anyone else is out there like me, who have the STP trickers boots and wondering about sizing for Stows, my STP boots in 10UK fit great with the regular boot socks I wear with boots, but the Stows in size 10UK fit like the STP boots in size 10.5 UK (which I also have). I normally wear a 10.5US in boots. So I would say to definitely size down at least 1 full size from US boot size, and even down half a size from the STP "Langston"

This is why RETRICKERS is so great. They often have defects like this that are purely cosmetic or that you wouldn't even notice. If you liked the color as pictured, you basically got a pair of firsts.

MSAINT

Reaction score

This is why RETRICKERS is so great. They often have defects like this that are purely cosmetic or that you wouldn't even notice. If you liked the color as pictured, you basically got a pair of firsts.

Totally agree with that, and when they have "real" flaws or defects David always takes a picture or describes it!

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As promised, some clickable pictures of my new Golden Tan Stow on Commando soles.

The All Brown Stows

A comparison between the Golden Tan and my Oxblood Stow (transformed Lolipop Red)

My Oxblood Tricker's boots

And as was about to wear them today... A glimpse of how my Eaton evolve

http://imagesia.com/trickers-eaton-evol_6967

The new Golden Tans are great. Congrats.

I really like your oxbloods, too - especially the plain captoe on the left (Herrman?) Great collection.

MSAINT

Reaction score
Thanks Gents!

I really like your oxbloods, too - especially the plain captoe on the left (Herrman?) Great collection.

The captoe boots are a pair of Rippon.

Polished with Mahogany Saphir cream they turn less reddish into a delicate brownished oxblood.

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the only criticism I have of retricker is the lack of uk11 boots :happy:

... and of 6 1/2 boots in 4477-5 last/fit !

Me, too. I need 10 1/2, which also comes with lots of competition! Seems like 8 is their sweet spot. I don't know if it reflects their sales in general, or if they only let the new folks work on size 8 shoes until they get up to speed.

They should use the wrong color polish more often.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Me, too. I need 10 1/2, which also comes with lots of competition! Seems like 8 is their sweet spot. I don't know if it reflects their sales in general, or if they only let the new folks work on size 8 shoes until they get up to speed.

They should use the wrong color polish more often.

yeah, on their shell boots in sizes 10.5, 6.5 and 11

striker

Reaction score
Msaint, thanks for sharing all the fantastic photos. Your C shade looks especially nice. My Malton C-Shade is very dull looking and I only had it for a week or so and just recently applied Obenauf to it. There is no shine at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads