• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Steve7

Reaction score

where are those cordovan stows from and did u mention last as 4444?

Stows are on the 4497

This last is not as roomy as the 4444 and suits me a lot better (I have high instep and find them a little more true to size.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The stock Richard longwings are on the W2298.
Of course they could also be on the 4497.
There's another last I can't think of that looks like the W2298 they could be on.

adamdurbin

Reaction score
Any help that could be offered would be wonderful. I am looking to purchase a pair of stow's, and need help with sizing. I take an 8UK in the Grenson fred, a 9US in the AE Bayfield, 8.5US in the AE Dalton and something like an 8 on the Barrie last. Can anyone advise on fitting?
Thanks!

badeggcat

Reaction score
Any help that could be offered would be wonderful. I am looking to purchase a pair of stow's, and need help with sizing. I take an 8UK in the Grenson fred, a 9US in the AE Bayfield, 8.5US in the AE Dalton and something like an 8 on the Barrie last. Can anyone advise on fitting?
Thanks!

You should be fine with UK 8 fitting 5 on 4497 last if you don't have wide feet.

SeaGriffin

Reaction score
Hi,

I took a sizing suggestion from a friendly fellow at Trickers a year and a bit ago...so now I have a pair of Chepstows that are just slightly big for me. I think a UK 7.5 in this shoe is good for a US 8.5 unless you're a US 7 with a wide foot or like to wear rather thick socks.

I've toyed with listing the shoes on Styleforum, though I'm on the fence about it. Anyway, they are black, size 7.5. I had the heel built up and put rubber on the sole too.

I thought I'd see if anyone was interested/could suggest a good price to list on ebay. They aren't pristine, but they aren't horrible either.

Before the SF redesign, I would have done a interest check on the sales forum. I asked if I could do that on one of the question threads...no answer. So tell me if I should nuke this message.

Thanks.

Rightyow77

Reaction score
Wow can't believe I missed these!
baldy[1].gif

My size and damn well what I was looking for, thanks for keeping me posted really appreciate it.

Although, isn't the 4444 last a bit roomier than the 4447? I wear d in most dress shoes, but can fit an E since I wear thick socks with boots in the winter. Not sure how this loafer would have fit. Man the more I look at that ended listing the more I'm kicking myself. Oh well.

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow can't believe I missed these! 
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

My size and damn well what I was looking for, thanks for keeping me posted really appreciate it.

Although, isn't the 4444 last a bit roomier than the 4447? I wear d in most dress shoes, but can fit an E since I wear thick socks with boots in the winter. Not sure how this loafer would have fit.  Man the more I look at that ended listing the more I'm kicking myself. Oh well.

Go ask retrickers if they have anything else in your size. I've picked up something that way previously.

Yes, do this. David at Retrickers is very friendly and responsive. Also, keep an eye out on their ebay store. It seems to me that they often have a lot of turnover in the smaller sizes. Something will come up eventually.

And 4444 is the bigger last. I think Richard at Shoehealer recommends a half size down from 4497 - but double check that before you take my word for it!

Last edited:

Rightyow77

Reaction score

Yes, do this. David at Retrickers is very friendly and responsive. Also, keep an eye out on their ebay store. It seems to me that they often have a lot of turnover in the smaller sizes. Something will come up eventually.
And 4444 is the bigger last. I think Richard at Shoehealer recommends a half size down from 4497 - but double check that before you take my word for it!

Awesome, thanks again for all the help fellas. Sending David an email tonight, hopefully I can give the 4497 a try before I order a cordavan MTO pair from Richard at TSH.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads