• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newest Tricker's came in from Shoe Healer today.
tumblr_m9agwgvRxX1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9agwgvRxX1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really like those. I saw the link Richard posted on his Facebook page to your blog; that was very cool.

Yes. Richard and his team have always been kind to me. He even offered to send me a pair of shoes to try on on a risk free trial basis. I never ventured into UK made shoes because I was reluctant on guessing on the size and order from over-seas. This was the reason why my first 10 or so pairs of shoes were Aldens.

mr chorizo

Reaction score
Hi guys...just an FYI

I am starting a one off MTO with richard at shoehealer and wanted to know if anyone wanted to get on board to get rid of the one-off premium they charge.

If no one is willing, I'm ok to cover it but just thought i'd ask.

Mixed media black longwing as follows:

black pebble grain lower
black shell vamp/tongue
black pebble grain lace stays

81 last (standard longwing last for trickers as Richard has told me)
sole: commando
welt: storm

lining: electric blue
pull tab: royal blue
eyelets: black metal
edge trim: painted black.

lastly (no pun intended)....any idea as how the 81 last fits in comparison with the barrie from alden?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
how much stretching can i expect from a pair of tricker's burfords? they're slightly tight on my pinkie toe, but i think sizing up would make everything too big

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a pair of Tricker's Burfords in the pebble grain from STP. For reasons unclear to me they fit tighter than other boots I have in the 4497 with some pressure on the pinkie toes.

They also seem to not be breaking in like other leathers. They're not Red Wing GT make your feet bleed bad, but they're noticeable stiffer than most. Sort of like when you first put on a brand new pair of shoes even though they've been worn several times.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i ordered a half size up to give em a shot. these aren't the pebbled leather, but maybe the issue extends to all leathers. i will say the leahter and construction quality blows aldens away

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads