• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Fenners81

Reaction score
It seems new pairs of Stow and Malton do crop up on ebay for around the £250 mark. Do people think this is a good price? I'm conscious of sizing issues so would probably be better waiting til I can go to the factory shop but I have no idea what the prices are like in there. I know they're reduced but what are we talking?

letsgofire

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the size cut off is but I spoke to Dainite last year re something else and they said the Ridgeway pattern is far older than I thought. It dates back to the thirties from memory and people generally didn’t have feet as large as we do now! So that’s the story they are or were moulding larger sizes to try to get bigger sizes. Re other makers it’s probably to do with the size of the welt, EG clip them v tight to stitch where as trickers tend to have a generous welt width which is probably difference between 10.5 and 11.5.

Oh great. So only like 90 years for them to figure it out then…

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems new pairs of Stow and Malton do crop up on ebay for around the £250 mark. Do people think this is a good price? I'm conscious of sizing issues so would probably be better waiting til I can go to the factory shop but I have no idea what the prices are like in there. I know they're reduced but what are we talking?
Yes, £250 is a good price. You can use advanced search to see what prices Stows have sold for and £250 is generally the entry level price for NIB, many pairs are selling for higher. END clothing had some Malton in their Sale - the price was £322 but they've sold out. I'm not familiar with the factory shop but Tricker's have an online outlet store and the prices are not exactly cheap. However, the Malton is not a seasonal style so you're unlikely to find a pair at the Factory Shop unless it's a second. I think you should nail down your size down before you buy anything from eBay because if you purchase from a private seller you won't have the right to return if the size doesn't work for you. Malton fit TTS but are a 6 (wide) fitting. Maybe a trip to Jermyn Street or another store that stocks the style.

Fenners81

Reaction score
Yes, £250 is a good price. You can use advanced search to see what prices Stows have sold for and £250 is generally the entry level price for NIB, many pairs are selling for higher. END clothing had some Malton in their Sale - the price was £322 but they've sold out. I'm not familiar with the factory shop but Tricker's have an online outlet store and the prices are not exactly cheap. However, the Malton is not a seasonal style so you're unlikely to find a pair at the Factory Shop unless it's a second. I think you should nail down your size down before you buy anything from eBay because if you purchase from a private seller you won't have the right to return if the size doesn't work for you. Malton fit TTS but are a 6 (wide) fitting. Maybe a trip to Jermyn Street or another store that stocks the style.
Very helpful - thanks.

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
I recommend preowned aswell, you can find stowes for under $150 sometimes. In great condition

shoefan57

Reaction score
Trickers write the letter “B” inside the shoes that are seconds.
As others have shared, the Outlet, in general, sell firsts. Therefore I’m not sure where the subs end up; perhaps the bricks and mortar factory shop?

bemk

Reaction score
Trickers write the letter “B” inside the shoes that are seconds.

I got a Stow in '22 from the Sample section. (The box has a white label, in accordance with my previous posts.)

Here's the original description and what's written inside:

Stow_ss22_description.jpg

Stow_ss22_sq.jpg

Last edited:

bemk

Reaction score
I would assume these are perfects 👍

Gee! I think to these simply applies what Tricker's states about their samples:

"The samples have never been worn outside or for long periods of time, but a few might have been tried on in a showroom, at a trade show or used for our photo shoots. The samples may potentially have some marks, blemishes or minor scuffs on either the upper leather, the linings or the soles. Some of the samples may have stickers on the soles, which can be easily removed by hand or over time with wear."

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just taken delivery of my first ever pair of Trickers - Bourton in Funchal Red. Can anyone advise on cremes and polishes please? I couldn’t see a Saphir option that matched especially well! Thank you.
I'm fairly sure Tricker's recommend neutral polish on these - maybe you could email them for a definitive opinion - you don't want to mess them up!

shoefan57

Reaction score
Just taken delivery of my first ever pair of Trickers - Bourton in Funchal Red. Can anyone advise on cremes and polishes please? I couldn’t see a Saphir option that matched especially well! Thank you.
With natural welts Trickers do recommend neutral shoe polish as ike says

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads