• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Mallaig

Reaction score
No more red shoe shame. What an incredible job The Shoe Healer has done on my, now burgundy, shoes. Very many thanks to Ann, Antony and all at the shop. I am really pleased with these. The look even better in the flesh and have been burnished. They are over 5 years old. Wonderful! :worship2: Photo courtesy of The Shoe Healer.

View attachment 1557031
Looks brighter than the normal burgundy Bourtons. I like this a lot. What did they do to go from bright red to these ?

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks brighter than the normal burgundy Bourtons. I like this a lot. What did they do to go from bright red to these ?

I don't know. I think they stripped them a bit before they dyed them. I should have asked. They are a fabulous colour now. The reminder that they were once red is always going to be there inside the shoes.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go onto their Facebook page there is a video of Ant doing something similar on a pair of acorn/tan ladies brogues. The transformation is quite striking.

Edit - 3rd video in on the top line, at least on my phone Videos

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go onto their Facebook page there is a video of Ant doing something similar on a pair of acorn/tan ladies brogues. The transformation is quite striking.

Edit - 3rd video in on the top line, at least on my phone Videos

Further down on that page is a clearer video of him painting burgundy dye on to tan Bourton's. I want to know how he avoids getting even a spot of dye onto the pale welt. I suppose it involves what decorators call 'cutting in'. Skilled work and a steady hand.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It’s called gold MC which over the years we have determined means Manchester Cowhide. Can’t recall if Manchester was a tannery or method. It’s a lovely soft yet thick leather. Those boots had white soles originally and I chopped them off to put Ridgeway on them I seen a pair of Josh which is basically the shoe version on sale and picked those up today...
Comparison shot.
I’ve seen MC in Naster (brown) Gold, sometimes Green and Blue amd years ago Black. I have Gold and Naster. Sometimes they have scars but that’s par for the leather.

View attachment 1558744

Manchester Cowhide colors.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Stows
GhqcJ4dMRRmDX-TUwLCCsQ.jpg

Maio

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I've recently moved and find myself in need of more storage space. A cull is needed :(

Thought I'd post here first to see if anyone is interested. All shoes/boots are in size 9 UK and on the 4497 last apart from the Bourton's in 8,5 UK on the 4444 last.

If needed, shoe trees from Langer & Messmer can be included. Don't have the original boxes left but original dust bags will be included.

Was hoping to find someone in size 9 UK to take everything off my hands, (unfortunately I think Crafty owns all these already ;)) price will reflect this.

Please send a PM if you're interested or want more detailed pics.

20210221_112420.jpg

From top left:
Tricker's Stow, Earth green
Tricker's Stow, Polo Kudu
Tricker's Grasmere, Sign Kudu
Tricker's Eaton MTO, Cuba Waxy
Tricker's Bourton MTO, Cuba Waxy
Tricker's Woodstock, Ridge Kudu
Tricker's Stow, Marron
Tricker's Grasmere, Caramel Kudu

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I've recently moved and find myself in need of more storage space. A cull is needed :(

Thought I'd post here first to see if anyone is interested. All shoes/boots are in size 9 UK and on the 4497 last apart from the Bourton's in 8,5 UK on the 4444 last.

If needed, shoe trees from Langer & Messmer can be included. Don't have the original boxes left but original dust bags will be included.

Was hoping to find someone in size 9 UK to take everything off my hands, (unfortunately I think Crafty owns all these already ;)) price will reflect this.

Please send a PM if you're interested or want more detailed pics.

View attachment 1559548
From top left:
Tricker's Stow, Earth green
Tricker's Stow, Polo Kudu
Tricker's Grasmere, Sign Kudu
Tricker's Eaton MTO, Cuba Waxy
Tricker's Bourton MTO, Cuba Waxy
Tricker's Woodstock, Ridge Kudu
Tricker's Stow, Marron
Tricker's Grasmere, Caramel Kudu
Hells teeth Chairman @Maio you've culled the heard!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads