• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No more red shoe shame. What an incredible job The Shoe Healer has done on my, now burgundy, shoes. Very many thanks to Ann, Antony and all at the shop. I am really pleased with these. The look even better in the flesh and have been burnished. They are over 5 years old. Wonderful! :worship2: Photo courtesy of The Shoe Healer.

RedtoBurgundy.jpg

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No more red shoe shame. What an incredible job The Shoe Healer has done on my, now burgundy, shoes. Very many thanks to Ann, Antony and all at the shop. I am really pleased with these. The look even better in the flesh and have been burnished. They are over 5 years old. Wonderful! :worship2: Photo courtesy of The Shoe Healer.

View attachment 1557031
They’ve done a lovely job on those. I know exactly where in the shop that photo was taken too! :embar:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

View attachment 1557031
Great job and lovely feedback. Great that we as a community are supporting small retail.

leparrain7

Reaction score

View attachment 1557031
excellent work ! wonderful patina, they are now unrecognizable ????

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two pairs of shoes in one day. My half price DM shoes in natural Horween Essex veg tan came this morning. Having searched the net for the care of veg tan and finding the usual, differing or overly complicated methods, I popped a message off to Horween and asked them. Natalie Horween replied, very promptly and suggested that: "It will hold up great with minimal care. If you want to do something for regular maintenance you can apply a little bit of neutral cream from time to time after cleaning, we suggest just wiping them down with a slightly damp cloth".

I thought this was a refreshing change from the usual arguments about what you can and can't put on shoes.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Two pairs of shoes in one day. My half price DM shoes in natural Horween Essex veg tan came this morning. Having searched the net for the care of veg tan and finding the usual, differing or overly complicated methods, I popped a message off to Horween and asked them. Natalie Horween replied, very promptly and suggested that: "It will hold up great with minimal care. If you want to do something for regular maintenance you can apply a little bit of neutral cream from time to time after cleaning, we suggest just wiping them down with a slightly damp cloth".

I thought this was a refreshing change from the usual arguments about what you can and can't put on shoes.
I told ye that..listen to the sage of the North...

??

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Haha. I should know better. Thanks for the heads up on The Shoe Healer. :fonz:
Pleased they did you right fella. Shoes look great, much more wearable. Need some on feet shots fella, come on got to bend those knees like me!! Anth at Shoe Healer said I’d get knocked over on my white line pics and next day a white van nearly ended me!! ??

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pleased they did you right fella. Shoes look great, much more wearable. Need some on feet shots fella, come on got to bend those knees like me!! Anth at Shoe Healer said I’d get knocked over on my white line pics and next day a white van nearly ended me!! ??
For photos, I first need a mobile phone! ?. Go easy in the traffic!

unbigtimer

Reaction score
Hey Crafty, I was browsing r/goodyearwelt and in the discussion about your MTO Carmina Chelseas (they look great BTW), you said you might need a "wide angle" to group-photo your entire collection. No, you'll need a satellite!

Looking forward to seeing your kudu 4497S Henrys. What sole did you choose?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hey Crafty, I was browsing r/goodyearwelt and in the discussion about your MTO Carmina Chelseas (they look great BTW), you said you might need a "wide angle" to group-photo your entire collection. No, you'll need a satellite!

Went brown Ridgeway with natural Barbour welt and white stitch...boom. Ye could be right re the satellite!

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A satellite photo of Crafty's collection? That's a bit unfair. So what if he has a couple of pairs of shoes and one or two boots? ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics