• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

CZZ300

Reaction score
Try AFPOS? They have some superb deals going at the moment....
I got a pair of red Funchal leather Stow on sale plus 20% Black Friday discount and taking advantage of another 10% off for first time buyer. Have to pay 25 pounds shipping but still a good deal in my view. Looking forward to finding out about the leather which is said to feel soft.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of red Funchal leather Stow on sale plus 20% Black Friday discount and taking advantage of another 10% off for first time buyer. Have to pay 25 pounds shipping but still a good deal in my view. Looking forward to finding out about the leather which is said to feel soft.
Ah that is amazing. I was heavily tempted just so I could experiment with the leather and maybe get it to darken a decent amount, but sadly I will have to hold off because I have a few other orders in. I've gone past the point where I can justify more pairs. Just yet anyway. :p

leparrain7

Reaction score
Ah that is amazing. I was heavily tempted just so I could experiment with the leather and maybe get it to darken a decent amount, but sadly I will have to hold off because I have a few other orders in. I've gone past the point where I can justify more pairs. Just yet anyway. :p
I see we all have the same obsession: justifying ordering several pairs of shoes in the face of oppression ?

princealbert

Reaction score
I’ve managed to avoid any Black Friday expenditure so far (no thanks to the Tricker’s website where I ordered some Stows only to be told they were out of stock). Probably just as well as I have started using my Burfords in black waxy suede. They originally came with a white wedge sole which I had replaced with a ridgeway sole.
ABC26241-C43A-4668-9924-BE02BD10310E.jpeg

rob80bboots

Reaction score
I’ve managed to avoid any Black Friday expenditure so far ......... just as well as I have started using my Burfords in black waxy suede. ..................

I wasn't so lucky on the Outlet ?????...had 3 or 4 things that I purposely let slip away this week after they were in my cart.... except one that I wanted since joining this thread....an iconic black Burford on a Dainite.... that mysteriously popped up in my size and I just couldn't resist. :devil:

.....anyway, a late delivery to the cheese shop last night....love the smell of a new leather boot! ?
Black Burfords.jpg

princealbert

Reaction score
I wasn't so lucky on the Outlet ?????...had 3 or 4 things that I purposely let slip away this week after they were in my cart.... except one that I wanted since joining this thread....an iconic black Burford on a Dainite.... that mysteriously popped up in my size and I just couldn't resist. :devil:

.....anyway, a late delivery to the cheese shop last night....love the smell of a new leather boot! ?
View attachment 1506232

You own a cheese shop?

rob80bboots

Reaction score
You own a cheese shop?
I've worn dozens of hats ....but yep, currently have a "specialty" cheese shop....It's a tiny little thing but keeps me occupied during retirement and especially during this current situation...luckily classified as "groceries" so have been fortunate, blessed to be open during periods of lockdown...but only admit one masked marauder at a time.

Needless to say what will be worn on the shop floor today. ;)
B2.jpg

compuccesory

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought some Tricker's shoes last year on a whim, and wore them maybe a dozen times, but I find that they don't fit that well (probably should have sized up 1/2 a size) and in any case aren't really my particular aesthetic. I guess I'd like to send them to a better home, but have no idea what they're worth. Would there be any interest at say $129 plus shipping? They are size 7.5UK/8.5US.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Raison d'être on the black Burford on "Dainite"...

Ealier observations with my Espresso Burfords on an all leather sole.
Just to follow up............
Mind you there was a light rain all during the day and man does the leather sole in that situation love to pick up grit from a damp sidewalk, allowed the Burfords to dry on their sides to air the soles overnight but almost needed a trowel to scrap off the city debris. :confused2: Probably best to wear my Dainite Stows in that situation. :colgate:
View attachment 1389745

love leather soles but no such problems collecting grit on raining days with the Dainite......;)
Black Burford Dainite.jpg

Last edited:

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raison d'être on the black Burford on "Dainite"...

Ealier observations with my Espresso Burfords on an all leather sole.

love leather soles but no such problems collecting grit on raining days with the Dainite......;)
View attachment 1506560
One problem I have with Dainite soles is that they can be a bit slippery on the 'marble' floors of places like shopping malls. Otherwise, all good!

rob80bboots

Reaction score
One problem I have with Dainite soles is that they can be a bit slippery on the 'marble' floors of places like shopping malls. Otherwise, all good!

...not to mention icy sidewalks...:uhoh:

I had contemplated getting the black Burford on the Vibram Vi-lite sole which fair way better with wet and wintry conditions....
burford_5635_11_sole_pair_original_78316.jpg

...but just recently got the Cheaney Trafalgar for that exact reason.
IMG_E9869.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads