• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

New superdenim collabo: 3 ways

sex

My First Tricker's...

looks great, KG. Nice to see you posting again, kinda :fonz:

Stubby Stows. Although described as brown, they have a reddish tinge to them as compared to another brown zug grain boot I have. Pleasantly surprised by that.
stubbystow1.jpg

stubbystow2.jpg

stubbystow3.jpg

stubbystow4.jpg

daaaang, Z. youre like the energizer bunny

Last edited:

haresh

Reaction score
Was just going through Club Monaco website and noticed under the accessory section, Trickers shoes. Does anyone know any thing about this, sizes, prices, models, etc ? In Hong Kong the CM store doesn't sell any shoes.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score

I'm trying to find the fit information of the brogues, are they TTS or 1/2 larger than normal? I'm referring to the superdenim collab, btw.

Also, I went ahead and measured my feet on a brannock device today, came out to be US8.5D. Any suggestion as to what size I should get?

7.5 or 7 UK probably.

Alphataru

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the fit information of the brogues, are they TTS or 1/2 larger than normal? I'm referring to the superdenim collab, btw.

Also, I went ahead and measured my feet on a brannock device today, came out to be US8.5D. Any suggestion as to what size I should get?

7.5 or 7 UK probably.

Probably gonna just order both a 7 and 7.5 and return one. I hope I can fit in 7, as the style I want the most only has 7 left.

auggie

Reaction score
Has anyone visited the factory shop in Northampton? Just wondering if there is more variety of boots and sizes for sale there than on their ebay site.

ducky

Reaction score

Has anyone visited the factory shop in Northampton? Just wondering if there is more variety of boots and sizes for sale there than on their ebay site.

As much as imagination can go I guess :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chickalot06/with/5623069341/
I suppose all available "seconds" are listed as soon as they're produced.
If you're lucky, you can get some interesting MTO at their ebay shop (MSAINT got a pair of Eaton this way).

Not sure I got your question right though...

Last edited:

davichan

Reaction score
i wanted to ask your advice about Trickers sizing.
i just purchased a pair of Trickers Bufords in marron.
they are beautiful. but problems.

im am True to Size: US 8 D

So for my Trickers I got them sized:

UK 7
with a 5 fitting
on their 4497 last
leather heels

maybe i made a mistake and sized too small?
now i'm questioning if i am currently sized right or not in Trickers....????

I have worn them now pretty hard for 4 days straight. miles at end.
at first wear, i must admit, they are not as comfortable boot out of the box as an Alden or Viberg is.

Length:
the fit on the tips of my toes feel very closed-in towards the end of the toe-box,
I could estimate my toe is about slightly less then .5 of and inch space between my big toe and the tip of the inside of the boot while wearing.
i would prefer slighly more space at the tip.

Width:
the width in the heel is comfortable.
the side width in the toebox is quite spacious and comfortable, almost too wide.

Instep / Vamp:
primarily on my left foot,
on the inside of my Instep, even unlaced the boot is pushing down on the top of my instep and making it slightly uncomfortable and leaving an impression from were the tongue meets the rest of the boot..
it feels too tight and this is really starting to bother me as i walk a tremendous amount.

do you think this will break in and give to stretch?

i'm startgin to think that i should have either sized up a half size,
or should have went with a .6 fitting width???
but there is not a great resource for Trickers in NYC unfortunately..
sizing on the internet is causing me much frustration and loss in cash!

my experience when i tried a UK 7 1/2 size (seven and half) in the same boot.
it felt too much room up front of the boot. and too wide in the toebox,
i thought that would be a problem and lack of support.
and i thought that my foot would constantly slid up into the toe box.

I would love to hear from other Tricker wearers their experience of breaking their pair in,
and if anyone has had a similar problem to mine.
can you please take a moment and let me know your advice on the matter.
thank you.

ducky

Reaction score
If your main issue is the instep, you can try last 4444 (in the same size) which is slightly more generous.

Though, sometimes a last doesn't match our feet. Maybe Tricker's boots are not made for you.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Contemplating another pair of MTOs. I'm thinking Grasmeres in 1001 Burnished Calf, with a toebox medallion, natural barbour welt, and navy vibram soles. Thoughts?

It was sounding good until "navy vibram soles".

mikecch

Reaction score
^^^
Hey Davi, my Tricker's so far, all 4497 of different widths, have been quite comfortable out of the box.
Compared to Alden and Viberg, Tricker's is slightly harder on the sole of the feet for me (even after the cork layer has moulded), but other aspects of feet comfort compares similarly.

I did the same as you, one whole size down from US to UK, and the fit was good in length and I did not have the same trouble as you with regards to the vamp height.
But Tricker's considers their UK sizing only half a size down from US sizes, and Richard at the Shoe Healer warned me when I bought my first pair that the 4497 is strange in that the height of the last is somewhat lesser in proportion compared to the width of the last...wide & short, to sum it up.

I was told that a 4444 last would be a good option to try if the 4497 did not work for me.
Otherwise, I'm thinking you could either go a half-size up, but you could end up with a bit more room than you like in terms of toe width.
Or opt for a fitting '6' in the 4497, though the last height isn't much different to a fitting '5', so you most likely will still have the instep/vamp problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads