• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

alantrickman

Reaction score
Hey all, new member here. I've always been interested in footwear, but only became interested in English shoemaking pretty recently. Grenson were my first 3 pairs, but I bought my first pair of Tricker's (Bourton/Dainite) just last month. Loved them so much that I purchased another pair of Tricker's (Derby/Commando) a few weeks later. I was a little hesitant on what sizes to buy, but I stuck with the same UK sizing as my Grensons. Both the Tricker's I own are on two different lasts, the 4444 and the 4497S I believe, but I stuck with the same sizes for both because they were a great deal lol. The Derby do fit a little bit tighter, but nothing uncomfortable or unmanageable.

Looks like a few of you were talking about Kudu, and my first pair was actually a Kudu in Polo. Quality is phenomenal and I'm in love with Kudu leather. Planning to make a MTO utilizing it as well.

IMG_0551.jpg
IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0552.jpg

Here's my second pair. Very simple, classy looking shoe. I much prefer the Kudu to the calfskin, but I feel like this model in a simple black is easy for me to dress up or dress down a bit.

IMG_0729.jpg
IMG_0727.jpg

Looking forward to more pairs :D

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hey all, new member here. I've always been interested in footwear, but only became interested in English shoemaking pretty recently. Grenson were my first 3 pairs, but I bought my first pair of Tricker's (Bourton/Dainite) just last month. Loved them so much that I purchased another pair of Tricker's (Derby/Commando) a few weeks later. I was a little hesitant on what sizes to buy, but I stuck with the same UK sizing as my Grensons. Both the Tricker's I own are on two different lasts, the 4444 and the 4497S I believe, but I stuck with the same sizes for both because they were a great deal lol. The Derby do fit a little bit tighter, but nothing uncomfortable or unmanageable.

Looks like a few of you were talking about Kudu, and my first pair was actually a Kudu in Polo. Quality is phenomenal and I'm in love with Kudu leather. Planning to make a MTO utilizing it as well.

View attachment 1093400 View attachment 1093399 View attachment 1093398

Here's my second pair. Very simple, classy looking shoe. I much prefer the Kudu to the calfskin, but I feel like this model in a simple black is easy for me to dress up or dress down a bit.

View attachment 1093402 View attachment 1093403

Good start sir and welcome.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1093400 View attachment 1093399 View attachment 1093398

View attachment 1093402 View attachment 1093403

A couple of great pairs you've got there.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - looking to get a pair of black Derby's.. Any thoughts on Woodstock vs Robert? I wanted something more casual..

also hate to be that guy but in terms of sizing - I wear a 10 in Alden Barrie. Seems I should take the same size in Tricker's? usually 9.5UK across the board..

thanks again

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys - looking to get a pair of black Derby's.. Any thoughts on Woodstock vs Robert? I wanted something more casual..

also hate to be that guy but in terms of sizing - I wear a 10 in Alden Barrie. Seems I should take the same size in Tricker's? usually 9.5UK across the board..

thanks again

Woodstock is 4 eyelet on 4497.
Robert is 5 eyelet on W2298.
W2298 is a bit narrower and sleeker looking.
Not enough difference to change sizes at least for me.
I think the country oriented feel of the 4497would be more casual.

If you're a 9.5UK stick with that unless it's a 4444 last in which case you should size down.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@zippyh - thanks. Doh. I was sure I was going to be a 10.. I have a pair of Trickers Superboot (the CDG collab) that are a 10 but wasn't sure if that was UK or US sizing..

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's super weird, but Junya/CDG Tricker's are marked a half size larger than they actually are. If you peel off the heel liner you can see the actual UK size stamped there. I've got a couple Junya pairs that are marked 10UK but are actually 9.5UK.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Those look fantastic. Nice combo with the tweed, sure your not secretly landed gentry?

I'm pretty sure I'm closer to whatever the opposite of landed gentry is.

I'm just an engineer with an unhealthy affinity for British made shoes and detective novels.

alantrickman

Reaction score
It's super weird, but Junya/CDG Tricker's are marked a half size larger than they actually are. If you peel off the heel liner you can see the actual UK size stamped there. I've got a couple Junya pairs that are marked 10UK but are actually 9.5UK.

Do you happen to have any Junya collabs that are sized like S/M/L? In particular this pair. I see sizing listed as UK8, 9, 10 corresponding to the S/M/L. Wondering if the UK10 is actually a UK10 or if it'll turn out to be a UK9.5 like you're mentioning with the other CDG/Junya pairs.
image_20283.jpg

alantrickman

Reaction score
Has anyone made a MTO pair this year? Wondering if leather options change by season. Trying to decide on what combo to go for, but being overwhelmed by all of the possible options!

Also I can't figure out if these were an actual release or if they were a MTO pair. Came across them on the Tricker's IG and I am sort of in love. I know these crazy colored or mismatched shoes aren't for everyone, but I think something like that would be a fun pair to have.

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 6.08.21 PM.png

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I remember when I ordered one of the Junya collabs they were listed as Large/10UK.
There's nothing on the box or shoe to indicate a size of Large. They're just marked with 10UK like normal Tricker's but they're actually 9.5.

Someone in this thread years ago emailed Tricker's and asked why they fit different. Tricker's replied with some gibberish answer having to do with the Asian market and they're actually 1/2 size smaller than marked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads