• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

phantomx48

Reaction score
Thought I would post some well worn Trickers. These will need a resole in the next few months since I have worn down most of the nubs on the Dainite sole. Overall they are probably one of my most comfortable boos and have molded incredibly well to my foot and gait.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for mogano shell cordo Tricker's... would like brass eyelets, but these are nice for a change. W2298 last is sleeker than the pics might indicate. It's a little dressier than what I usually go for.

Last edited:

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maiden voyage for mogano shell cordo Tricker's... would like brass eyelets, but these are nice for a change. W2298 last is sleeker than the pics might indicate. It's a little dressier than what I usually go for.

these are my daily beaters. so comfortable. but sleek is not a term i would use with these. the toe box profiles very much like my trubalance boots.

agree in the brass. will prob change them myself eventually.

Carson

Reaction score

Great boots. Mogano shell is really nice. Brian @ Role Club boots down in L.A. put some nice brass hooks and eyes on my Alden 403's, so you might look him up. http://www.roleclub.com/boots/

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've had both the Stow boot and Bourton shoe. Since you could have got away with a 9.5 in the Grensons I'd go for a 9.5 in the Trickers Stow boot as these are made on their 4497S last which is true to size but generous. However the 444 last on which the Bourton shoe is made definitely comes up big, at least half a size big, so I'd go for the size 9 in those. I get mine from http://www.bradshawandlloyd.com/trickers who include Tricker's trees with each order.

phoni

Reaction score
I have the Stow boot 4497s and the Henry 4444. I sized down half a size on the Henry. Both fit me the same.
I can confirm this is the case for me as well, Malton and Stows in 8.5; got Henrys in 8.5 as well, far too roomy without thick socks, will get 8.0 next time for the 4444 last.

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
If anyone takes a UK 10.5 stow, hurry up and buy the Walnut Antique Cordovan Stow on red dainite from retricker.

I'd buy them myself, but I would need about 5 pairs of socks to fill them out!

EDIT: They have them in UK 11 and 11.5 too.

Last edited:

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Quote: The size 7 1/2 chocolate suede "Logger" with a plain front crepe rubber sole currently up for auction from retricker would fit me perfectly without the need for extra socks. But I do wonder if the "defects" part of the description pertains to the whole design concept behind this most alarmingly hairy-looking of boots and not merely to the large gob of white gunk that appears to be oozing from the welt.

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
The size 7 1/2 chocolate suede "Logger" with a plain front crepe rubber sole currently up for auction from retricker would fit me perfectly without the need for extra socks. But I do wonder if the "defects" part of the description pertains to the whole design concept behind this most alarmingly hairy-looking of boots and not merely to the large gob of white gunk that appears to be oozing from the welt.

They have white crepe soles, so the white you can see on the sole edge looks like the edge dressing/paint has been chipped up revealing the white underneath.

Would be an easy fix to cover up. Nice looking boot!

ETA: Actually, the white does extend to the welt leather, so not exactly sure what it is!

Last edited:

Mighty Morris

Reaction score
Fellow Tricker's aficionados, a tale of how I have just ended up with an improved pair of boots that I really love.

I bought a pair of Tricker's Polos on eBay nearly two years ago. They were a bargain ... a never-worn collaboration with ASOS for £101. They looked like this:

Well, I am a bit more traditional and never really liked the red soles, nor the very pale welt, but they were light and easy to wear on a warm day. I darkened the welt, and that improved the look, however I never felt like I was wearing a pair of Tricker's. They just felt a bit cheap, no "build quality", just a flimsy boot. I knew that they could be better so I sent them off to Richard at The Shoe Healer for a refit last week.

As fortune would have it, I was driving by Doncaster yesterday so was able to collect them in person. What a difference. Richard's team added an interim sole, a mid-sole and finally a Dainite studded sole, together with a proper heelstack. The boots are transformed and now feel like the pair of Northampton-made boots that they are. They have gained the rigidity that they should always have had, not to mention the looks that they deserve. I know that some of you would have been happier with the red sole, but this is what I really wanted.

Moral .... if you have a pair of boots that you aren't quite happy with, a resole might be all that is required to turn them into an object of desire.

Big thanks again to Richard, Michelle and the team.

Mighty Morris

Reaction score
I know that these aren't Tricker's, so a little off-topic, but I thought that you might all like to see what Richard and his team did for my Cheaney Mallorys. A less-popular sole these days, but very well deserving of a revival ... the ITSHIDE Golfer. Super comfortable and I am delighted with the result. Miles better on this boot, and much more interesting, than the original Dainite studded sole:

Thanks again, Richard.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member