• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Metrosey

Reaction score
Those are the Pure Blue Japan 16oz Selvedge Indigo Sashiko Cinch Back Pants.
Very old school "jeans"
f41b2ab2977b86f026e005027cd85ed029b780fe.gif

Those are very nice, really liking the design :)

MSAINT

Reaction score
Quick view of all my Axton so far
83e47e82e38415233517d0bb05cbf58f4e1173ac.gif

fc5424595943650e95dc140eb0a7d79dbd3800df.jpg

Green, Grey, Moccasin brown, Naster brown, Navy and Cipresso cordovan (my first Axton, way before the name was coined, an MTO carried by the great Richard Smith).

BTW, Moccasin brown is exactly the Cognac clair (Light Cognac) in the Saphir range. I added a coat of Cognac cream to give some depth to the firsts layers of Light Cognac.

Pics of the newest Moccasin Axton incoming...

Bullitt

Reaction score
@MSAINT
That's great. Thanks for sharing. You seem to have Axton boots in every available colour. Thought about getting a pair myself. Right now, I only have Stow boots.

What is the 2298 last like, compared to the 4497s last?
Where did you order from?

MSAINT

Reaction score
What is the 2298 last like, compared to the 4497s last?
Where did you order from?

The 4497S is roomier, the W2298 is the most perfect fit for me at Tricker's, close to a bespoke.

I got them from an MTO, Tricker's, Tricker's Outlet and Yoox (who had them at 212€ last week)

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Mc calf ? I googled it and had such weird douchebaggy results... :eek:
It’s noticeably thicker than standard calf, I think it comes from Rendenbach tannery. Naster is a colour but sometimes they have Naster MC. It’ll say on the box and they have cxl type properties.

MSAINT

Reaction score
It’s noticeably thicker than standard calf, I think it comes from Rendenbach tannery. Naster is a colour but sometimes they have Naster MC. It’ll say on the box and they have cxl type properties.

Oh my friend, I only wish it was that, it's the usual calf and Naster is just the name they gave to this shade of brown.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quick newb question.

I had a pair of Trickers (Stowe Boots) ages ago, but sold them as they weren't my steeze. Recently my style has evolved back to wanting to wear these, but want to make sure my sizing is right. IIRC the shoes I had (which may have been a 8.5 or 9UK) were a bit tight....but if I'm honest I'm not completely sure.

I'm looking at Burford Boot, Burton Shoe and the 190 Tramping boot...

I wear a 10.5 in adidas ultraboost and most nike shoes, 9D Trubalance last in my Leather Sole Conservation Boots and a 9D Barrie (but tbh I prob would be ok in a 9.5D as well).

What size would you guys with more experience recommend? And is there anywhere they carry a full line of Trickers in NYC.

Thanks in advance!

Bullitt

Reaction score
@MSAINT

Cheers! Axton boots might not be for me unfortunately. The 4497s last fits me like a glove. Saw them a Yoox the other day and was tempted, as they look great. Bought an other pair of Stow boots in Coffe Burnished from the Outlet instead – really like the colour.

I bought from Tricker's outlet for the first time. The shoes came in the box, without shoebags. Is this the way they do it? When I bought from their Jermyn Street shop, the shoes were protected by bags and a kind of wrap. Can't complain about the outlet-price though ;-)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads