• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

bembel

Reaction score
the nature of the jacket (waxed) doesn't help. neither does the materials. has anyone considered removing polyester sleeve lining with cotton? i would imagine that would help with breathability (slightly).

I've done that on my Barbour Reiver, and paid 80€ for it at a local tailor. I'm much happier with the cotton lining.

BL70

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a Barbour jacket. I just returned a Reelin Barbour jacket, as it did not have your 'typical' jacket pockets (you know where you put your hands). Does anyone know of any olive/green/khaki Barbour jackets that have said pockets?

I'm just too used to walking with my hands in my jacket pockets.
Hey I'm looking for same. They are called 'side entry pockets' in the description. You should look at the Portal jacket
http://www.barbour.com/us/categorie...-portal-wax-jacket/p/MWX1080OL95?breadcrumbs=

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been contemplating a Barbour hooded jacket. I saw the hooded Bedale today and believe a small should work (38S in suits). Are there other options?

My preference is a drawstring waist and handwarmer pockets. color is really not a preference.

How waterproof are they? It seems they should be retreated regularly to maintain the properties?

Also, what is the most competitive place to get them? I Googled and End seem to be decent.

Thanks for any thoughts!

LIMatt

Reaction score
I wasn't aware that there's a "hooded" per se Bedale. The regular Bedale/Beaufort/etc models have a snap-on hood sold separately.

The waterproofing works fine when the wax is in good condition. It degrades over time, and needs to be re-applied every year or two. You can do it yourself, or have it done.

I believe End is British. Barbour doesn't allow its non-US retailers to ship into America.

bembel

Reaction score
I seem to have a hard time finding this. Is it sold primarily in the Asian market? What does SL stand for? Macy's has the "standard" Hooded Bedale.
I think these were made for the Japanese market. Not sure if they are still available. I got one last year and I think they are great.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I seem to have a hard time finding this. Is it sold primarily in the Asian market? What does SL stand for? Macy's has the "standard" Hooded Bedale.

I think these were made for the Japanese market. Not sure if they are still available. I got one last year and I think they are great.

Yeah, aimed at Japanese market. Kafka had some earlier this year. They still shipped Barbour to USA as of last spring.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the hooded Bedale from Macy's. Really practical although I'm on the fence as the shell is poly/cotton (72%/28% or something like that). It has a very similar feel to their cotton shells, minus the subtle waxy feel.

Interestingly it's price way more than the Bedale and the lining is synthetic. It does fit slimmer and has the drawstring so it's nice (I have an 8" drop).

As this would be my first Barbour jacket, I kind of wanted the wax cotton shell. The Ashby fits well although I prefer the cuffs of the standard Bedale (34 works well enough as the 36' sleeves go past the cuffs).

I REALLY like this old style: Derwent. Anyone have it?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to confirm what has been said a few pages back. I've recently had two sizes of the olive Ashby delivered to me from two different retailers (one in Sweden and one in the UK). Both jackets are made in England and both use the same kind of zipper as the classic line coats (YKK 10s).

Last edited:

groundkontrol

Reaction score
I just got an Ashby in Navy and I love it. However. I noticed that the collar is rather flimsy and barely stays up. Is there anyway to remedy this? i've heard the Beadle does not have this problem, is that true? It's too late for me to switch, and I like the fit of the Ashby, but I was just wondering.

Secondly, based on experience, do people recommend the Wax Cotton Hood or the Wax Storm Hood? What are the major differences? Is there one that goes with the Ashby particularly? i noticed the pattern on the inside of the Wax Cotton hood is different from the pattern on the inside of the navy Ashby coat.

Third question-- what do you all think about the zip-in liners?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a pair of Barbours with linning (International and Beaufort); It is a good investment; eventhough sometimes my arms are cold, but that is because I am not used to low temperatures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads