• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

racknac

Reaction score

rosenkruez

Reaction score

I really want that bond jacket...what are the chances they actually have a decent restocking by next fall?

I ordered mine via NRO (north river outfitter) last week. you should check it out. There were two other websites that still did pre-order if I remember correctly. One was barbour by dw and the other was wingtip.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really want that bond jacket...what are the chances they actually have a decent restocking by next fall?

They are doing a very small run of them right now thats expected to be in stores around the end of Jan. Each store is apparently only getting a few jackets. Barbour on Newbury Street in Boston currently has a 4 page long waiting list

racknac

Reaction score

I ordered mine via NRO (north river outfitter) last week. you should check it out. There were two other websites that still did pre-order if I remember correctly. One was barbour by dw and the other was wingtip.

I ordered mine from there as well, they were running a Black Friday 20% coupon that I was able to apply. Hopefully they honor it. I got a confirmation for my order but not sure about the whole wait list thing.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up...I just checked L & XL is all thats left and Id probably be a medium. 800 bucks too? Wasnt it originally 650-700...talk about mark up

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

You might want to check the Alden thread re: NRO and pre-orders.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are doing a very small run of them right now thats expected to be in stores around the end of Jan. Each store is apparently only getting a few jackets. Barbour on Newbury Street in Boston currently has a 4 page long waiting list

Yea im sure the list is that long I went in there a few weeks ago and it was the same...this is seeming like an impossible buy unless they release a ton more. Which idk why they wouldnt if its this popular?

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea im sure the list is that long I went in there a few weeks ago and it was the same...this is seeming like an impossible buy unless they release a ton more. Which idk why they wouldnt if its this popular?

No clue why they wouldnt. I was told theres going to be 100 to split up between all the Barbour US retail stores. Not sure how many are going to other retailers

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All of you plan to wear the jacket without it's hood, right?
Not sure if you have clicked through all of Barbours styles, but I thought the following three were close to the Beacon and thus maybe of interest for some of you:
http://www.barbourbymail.co.uk/Barbour-Trooper-Jacket.html
http://www.barbourbymail.co.uk/Barbour-Sapper-Jacket.html
http://www.barbourbymail.co.uk/Mens-Barbour-Corbridge-Waxed-Jacket.html

Thanks Louis,

Yea part of what I like about that jacket is the fit on DC. That and the pocket which l prefer to the ones you posted, and there is only one of them which I also like.

The sapper/Ashridge/longhurst/transport/martindale as long as they are without a right chest pocket would probably work, if it tappered down as much as the beacon heritage looks to.

The hood actually looks decent here and Im a big fan of the buttons

http://www.philipbrownemenswear.co.uk/Barbour-To-Ki-To/sports-jacket---olive.aspx

My broad shoulders usually leave me with a boxy jacket, which doesnt really look all to great.

I will look into some more, I dont really need one as much as I would want one (my every day jacket is a g9 and it doesnt really work out sub 45 degrees) , but I read somewhere they will do alterations...so if I could get one to fit like the one in the movie I may be happy.

At any rate id need to stop by newbury again and get a fit for them to see what I like best

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got your point and totally agree, the Beacon was by far the nicest piece of clothing Bond wore in Skyfall.
I think one of the reasons the Beacon looks as nice as it does, is it being without one of those hideous logopatches that so many recent pieces of Barbour have.
If they would offer the International or Ursula like shown in their historical timeline for GBP200-300, I guess they would easily sell as well as Bedale and Beaufort.
I would order right away.

One question, will olive Sylkoil on a Beaufort develope in something remotely similiar to original green with some wear?

Last edited:

s2kev

Reaction score
Would someone know the cheapest place to purchase a Bedale 34 in Olive/Sage? Jcrew only sells size 36 and larger.

Also, I noticed that the Boys' XXL is a 34, is there any difference between the adult 34 and boys 34?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads