Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. racknac

racknac Senior member

Thanks! Looks like a medium will be fine, just no heavy layering... but I plan to wear it in San Francisco so it should be fine.

2. rosenkruez

rosenkruez Senior member

I ordered mine via NRO (north river outfitter) last week. you should check it out. There were two other websites that still did pre-order if I remember correctly. One was barbour by dw and the other was wingtip.

3. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

They are doing a very small run of them right now thats expected to be in stores around the end of Jan. Each store is apparently only getting a few jackets. Barbour on Newbury Street in Boston currently has a 4 page long waiting list

4. racknac

racknac Senior member

I ordered mine from there as well, they were running a Black Friday 20% coupon that I was able to apply. Hopefully they honor it. I got a confirmation for my order but not sure about the whole wait list thing.

5. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Thanks for the heads up...I just checked L & XL is all thats left and Id probably be a medium. 800 bucks too? Wasnt it originally 650-700...talk about mark up

6. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

7. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

You might want to check the Alden thread re: NRO and pre-orders.

8. OmniscientCause

Yea im sure the list is that long I went in there a few weeks ago and it was the same...this is seeming like an impossible buy unless they release a ton more. Which idk why they wouldnt if its this popular?

9. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

10. rosenkruez

rosenkruez Senior member

Are they infamous for not fulfilling their pre orders?

11. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I thought they were infamous for not filling their Alden orders in general, not pre-orders.

12. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

No clue why they wouldnt. I was told theres going to be 100 to split up between all the Barbour US retail stores. Not sure how many are going to other retailers

13. OmniscientCause

Thanks Louis,

Yea part of what I like about that jacket is the fit on DC. That and the pocket which l prefer to the ones you posted, and there is only one of them which I also like.

The sapper/Ashridge/longhurst/transport/martindale as long as they are without a right chest pocket would probably work, if it tappered down as much as the beacon heritage looks to.

The hood actually looks decent here and Im a big fan of the buttons

http://www.philipbrownemenswear.co.uk/Barbour-To-Ki-To/sports-jacket---olive.aspx

My broad shoulders usually leave me with a boxy jacket, which doesnt really look all to great.

I will look into some more, I dont really need one as much as I would want one (my every day jacket is a g9 and it doesnt really work out sub 45 degrees) , but I read somewhere they will do alterations...so if I could get one to fit like the one in the movie I may be happy.

At any rate id need to stop by newbury again and get a fit for them to see what I like best

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012

14. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Got your point and totally agree, the Beacon was by far the nicest piece of clothing Bond wore in Skyfall.
    I think one of the reasons the Beacon looks as nice as it does, is it being without one of those hideous logopatches that so many recent pieces of Barbour have.
    If they would offer the International or Ursula like shown in their historical timeline for GBP200-300, I guess they would easily sell as well as Bedale and Beaufort.
    I would order right away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One question, will olive Sylkoil on a Beaufort develope in something remotely similiar to original green with some wear?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012

15. s2kev

s2kev Member

Would someone know the cheapest place to purchase a Bedale 34 in Olive/Sage? Jcrew only sells size 36 and larger.

Also, I noticed that the Boys' XXL is a 34, is there any difference between the adult 34 and boys 34?