• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
For those of you curious about Pre Ordering the bond jacket; My coworker over at Barbour by David Wood has them available for reserve in Medium & Large. My understanding is that we're looking for an initial deposit of 100 bucks to show you mean business and that the jackets ought to be shipping in January to us, then to you. They do run a bit slim (as do most beacon / to ki tos) and theyre way more functional than the movie really shows since there's so many under layers and storm flaps and all sorts of goodies that really up the jacket's game (these are all detachable if you want to just utilize the sports jacket aspect of it)

Email Rori at [email protected] for any more information.

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Oh maybe, I thought it was only by e-mail. I didn't check the site. I wanted a medium.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

Afraid Rori's supply is all spoken for. Anywhere else?

yeah you guys blew up the spot! the L on the website ~may~ have been accounted for over the course of the day; I know there's some back and forth about these right now so if any sizes free up I'll keep you guys up to date

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a Classic Beaufort in olive Sylkoil but am uncertain which size to go for.
I am a 35-36inch chest and am uncertain if I should go for size 36 or size down to 34 to make it a little less baggy fit, what would you recommend?

Last edited:

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to buy a Classic Beaufort in olive Sylkoil but am uncertain which size to go for.
I am a 35-36inch chest and am uncertain if I should go for size 36 or size down to 34 to make it a little less baggy fit, what would you recommend?

I sized down for my 38 chest. I have pics posted of me wearing the 36 Beaufort.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Winston, great help.
The Beaufort looks good on you, so I'll try sizing down as well :)

rosenkruez

Reaction score

yeah you guys blew up the spot! the L on the website ~may~ have been accounted for over the course of the day; I know there's some back and forth about these right now so if any sizes free up I'll keep you guys up to date

yeah...Rori just confirmed that L is unavailable... sad... I need to keep my fingers crossed for the NRO order.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah...Rori just confirmed that L is unavailable... sad... I need to keep my fingers crossed for the NRO order.

That is not news I like to hear...I was too busy emailing her back and forth and they all got spoken for while I was trying to figure out if I needed M or L

Im just going to ask to be put on the newbury list...I know its long but I hope they get more of this in the summer/fall and Ill get it then

Last edited:

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Winston, great help.
The Beaufort looks good on you, so I'll try sizing down as well :)

Something to keep in mind though. I took the picture with an unstructured sportscoat underneath, plus I do not have the liner (future purchase) in either. I am not sure if I can fit the sportcoat or a structured sportcoat (read heavy padded) underneath with the liner in.

Coopa

Reaction score
FYI- j.crew is running a 30% off promo right now that is currently working on barbour stuff.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FYI- j.crew is running a 30% off promo right now that is currently working on barbour stuff. 

Thanks, what a tease tho they put the beacon heritage up but you cant get in the actual page for it

265 for a bedale is pretty much unbeatable right?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads