Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Can you post your measurements? Barbour sizing is highly confusing to me so I can't tell if it'd fit me or not. How does it fit on you? Is it tight? Loose enough to wear over a suit?

2. calmbomb

calmbomb Member

I don't really like the fabric cuff inside the sleeve and I wish it was a bit longer, and I would prefer a small collar. Nothing wrong with the coat but I can't seem to vibe with the style

3. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Those are exactly the reasons I prefer the Beaufort. Longer, covers a SC and no cuffs inside the sleeves.

4. bandwitch

bandwitch Member

I have the beacon heritage to ki to sports jacket in medium and I would say go for a medium. The only thing is the sleeves might be a bit long on you. I am 6' 145lbs and I'm usually a small, or 36-38R in suits, and I sized up to medium. I can wear it with just a shirt, or with a thicker sweater and it still looks great. It's pretty slim but has a really nice length and silhouette: my favorite purchase of the year.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  5. MikeSwartz

MikeSwartz Well-Known Member

6. calmbomb

calmbomb Member

I'll get measurements and pictures tonight. I'm a very standard 40s suit coat size and I don't usually need much tailoring. This fits me well and would easily go over a suit for me. I did get it so it's a bit more fitted. A 38 on me would have allowed more layering/winter layers but I thought the body was too boxy and loose.

7. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  8. aloepathic

aloepathic Member

Anyone have an Ashby and can comment on how slim it fits? I had a Bedale for about 8 years that was stolen two nights ago so looking to replace it, but if there's something acceptably trimmer would definitely be interested.

Also, anyone able to comment on how likely I would be to find a replacement Medium waxed cotton olive jacket at the Barbour outlet in the Kittery and/or Milford outlets (I read 20ish pages back that Kittery was bigger but how does that translate)?

9. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

What is the difference between the pile and quilted liner? Which is better?

10. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Someone compared it earlier in the thread. Read back. Was not more than a month ago. I asked about them.

11. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

What's funny is that I went back to the exact page with one click. Which did you end up buying? I was leaning towards the quilted but when I called up my local Barbour store, they said the pile was warmer but also I don't know if I would like the look of the pile or te feel of it

12. atlguy

atlguy New Member

Anyone have a recommendation on a UK proxy? The barbour jacket I'm looking to buy doesn't appear to be available in the U.S. I found the jacket on a UK website, but the vendor doesn't accommodate U.S. purchases/shipping.

Any help would be appreciated.

13. nolifeking

nolifeking New Member

I'm looking to move on a barbour x tokito hidcote but I'm unsure of sizing. I take an XL in the Tokito Sports jacket I'm guessing the hidcote would be the same?

14. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I am still waiting on a deal on the polarquilt liner. I think I can get some use out of it as outerwear. Don't think I can do the same with the pile liner.

15. pdxmeyer

pdxmeyer New Member

Just purchased an Ashby as my first Barbour jacket this year. It looks slimmer from the outside as you're wearing it, but there's still room on the inside. I just wore it with a wool sweater and it wasn't too tight. It's not as boxy as Bedale. I really enjoy the look and room of the Ashby, and I might get a liner in the future. Good Luck!