• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Andersen

Reaction score
First time poster in this thread. Been looking for a wax jacket in general and yesterday I tried on :
Barbour Bourne Camo Waxed Jacket

Great fit but it retailed for like 399.00 CAD at Club Monaco. Part of their heritage brand and most likely Made in China. I will wait till it hits sale to grab. But yeah I couldn't pay retail for a jacket like that.
just checked the label on mine, it says Made in England.. I like it a lot, one downside is that as far as i can see Barbour does not make a hood for this coat.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fighting with the snaps - theyre rigid at first!
its anything but claustrophobic.. I could set up a farmers market under this thing
obviously looks better on girls, hahahah.

:D

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's been 18 days since my order from NRO, and my jacket hasn't even shipped yet
has anyone else had a similar experience? I'd rather not go to the BBB but they have lied to me over the phone and keep inventing excuses for this delay that don't make sense...

Yeah, they like to make up stories, but will eventually make good. It's annoying that they aren't more forthright- my order claimed to have shipped, but they admitted on the phone that it hadn't.

Georgia

Reaction score
I have a question for some Barbour aficionados - I recently found a second-hand olive Liddesdale in excellent shape. I didn't notice at the time of purchase (quite frankly - didn't think about it) - but it has ribbed cuffs rather than the original open cuffs. How difficult is this to have altered? I would much rather have the open cuffs (seen here: http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=735p).

Thanks!

Stewbone

Reaction score

I have a question for some Barbour aficionados - I recently found a second-hand olive Liddesdale in excellent shape. I didn't notice at the time of purchase (quite frankly - didn't think about it) - but it has ribbed cuffs rather than the original open cuffs. How difficult is this to have altered? I would much rather have the open cuffs (seen here: http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=735p).
Thanks!

Last year I had Barbour's repair facility take a couple inches off my sleeves. I have heard in the past that they can also alter the cuffs. I would call the customer service number at the following link to find out, unless others on here know for sure.

http://www.barbour.com/us/repairs-reproofing-us

I must warn you though, just to get my sleeves altered costed upwards of $60.00+ so it could be more than your willing to pay.

Last edited:

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I have been a 40R in Beauforts my entire life, but had to size up to Large for the down waxed gilet vest as it ran small, what approximate Tokito size would I be? Want the Sporting Quilt.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I have been a 40R in Beauforts my entire life, but had to size up to Large for the down waxed gilet vest as it ran small, what approximate Tokito size would I be? Want the Sporting Quilt.

I have the waxed gilet vest in a large but had to size up to an xl for the To Ki To sports jacket.

RicPac

Reaction score
went to barbour today in soho and tried on the bedale, beaufort and sapper. love the bedale and sapper but the soho location doesnt carry the sapper in olive. so i might be getting the bedale

jguyette

Reaction score
I'm looking for a little help with Ashby sizing. I wear a 42 suit, but I have long-ish arms. On a sportcoat, for instance, I need an outside sleeve measurement of around 26.5"
For an Ashby, should I be looking for a M or a L? I'm leaning toward the large. I'd like it to fit me, but I need my wrists covered, too.
Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere to try one on.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Imyouricecreamman

Reaction score
X-Post from Waywt. Love this jacket!

20120928_093209.jpg

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just received this email from Barbour:

Good morning … If you, a family member, or a friend owns a Barbour wax jacket, here’s an offer you cannot refuse. Receive a complimentary reproofing of your Barbour wax jacket at the Barbour Boston Newbury Street store on Saturday, November 3rd, 10:00a to 7:00p.

Take a minute and look around the store … their AW12 men’s and women’s collections offer a variety of fresh new looks and colors. And, if you find a new Barbour jacket to purchase while your old one is getting its facelift ... you’ll get $50.00 off that new jacket! What a deal, right?

NOTE: All Barbour’s retail stores will be offering this same service and discount, starting this weekend at their Madison Street store in New York. If anyone is interested in knowing other Barbour retail store locations and reproofing dates, please contact someone on the Barbour team.

Thank you.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just received this email from Barbour:
Good morning … If you, a family member, or a friend owns a Barbour wax jacket, here’s an offer you cannot refuse. Receive a complimentary reproofing of your Barbour wax jacket at the Barbour Boston Newbury Street store on Saturday, November 3rd, 10:00a to 7:00p.
Take a minute and look around the store … their AW12 men’s and women’s collections offer a variety of fresh new looks and colors. And, if you find a new Barbour jacket to purchase while your old one is getting its facelift ... you’ll get $50.00 off that new jacket! What a deal, right?
NOTE: All Barbour’s retail stores will be offering this same service and discount, starting this weekend at their Madison Street store in New York. If anyone is interested in knowing other Barbour retail store locations and reproofing dates, please contact someone on the Barbour team.
Thank you.

Darn, still not an owner of a waxed jacket yet.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just checked the label on mine, it says Made in England..   I like it a lot, one downside is that as far as i can see Barbour does not make a hood for this coat.

Thanks. Will see if I can grab during sale season. I still don't have a wax outer garment

husbands

Reaction score

My NRO order finally came in. bedale. the fit is perfect and it's made in UK. worth $225 shipped, but the wait was really annoying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads