• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Snagged my first non-vest Barbour. Gamefair obtained in a trade on here. It's got the stank but I couldn't be happier. Looking forward to trying my hand at rewaxing it and to winter weather setting in.

Nice trade man. I too have a vintage gamefair with the 'stank'. What size do you have on? I'm 6'1'' 200 lbs with a 43 chest and the 40'' gamefair is like a tent on me. I rewaxed mine and it turned out pretty nice. Looks like a matte green leather now :confused:

Last edited:

Vigilant

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm on the hunt for the Plan B Commander in size L. Let me know if you happen to have one and are looking to get rid of it. Thanks!

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice trade man. I too have a vintage gamefair with the 'stank'. What size do you have on? I'm 6'1'' 200 lbs with a 43 chest and the 40'' gamefair is like a tent on me. I rewaxed mine and it turned out pretty nice. Looks like a matte green leather now :confused:

Thanks! It's a C38, and I'm 5'8" 160, with a 38" chest...it's definitely too big to wear just over a shirt or something, but with a chunky Aran over an OCBD like I have in that photo, the fit is pretty good (thought still a bit roomy). I do prefer a more fitted look usually, but considering the stank, I'm only planning on using it when I'm truly "out in the field" and less around town, so can live with a looser fit (which actually looks better with the fuller cut denim and bean boots I'm wearing).

I just rewaxed it yesterday - will try to post photos sometime soon - I'm actually very happy with how it turned out, it took me about 2 hours to do, but after hitting with a blowdryer and letting hang overnight in a warm room it's evened out pretty well and while it's not quite factory level, it's good enough for a foul-weather beater piece.

DesmondD

Reaction score
Strange question, but have any fellas out there tried getting a Beadnell instead of a Bedale in order to get a slightly slimmer fit?

Or does the Beadnell have too much shaping to look masculine?

I tried on a couple of Barbours when I was in Europe recently and they just looked like a big green box on me...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Along with that slimmer fit you'll get snap closures on the wrong side.

Last edited:

KID AD

Reaction score
Hey, guys. im desperately need 'barbour bourne camo jacket'. ANYBODY KNOWS WHERE TO BUY IT?

i found some L size on online but i want M size. please tell me where can i buy this M size holy funky jacket. I don't care if it's new or used. thank you very much.

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score
Hello,

I am rather new to this forum in terms of posts, but have been a lurker for a while now. I live in Norway and I am looking for a nice waxed jacket or something close that is water resistant and looks great for the fall/early winter. Considering I am a student without the possibility of trying out a Barbour waxed jacket I'd really like it to fit when it arrives. I am a slim small or a regular XS, really depends on the brand (In PRL I am a Small in the Slim fit shirts, even though they tend to be a tad too long for casual wear). The Barbour site is not the easiest to navigate through at the moment.

What do you guys recommend for me as a first time wax jacket? The Corbridge? Looking for a slim, casual look. Will mostly wear a single shirt or with a sweater. I have the Barbour International Ariel Quilted in XS and it fits quite alright.

Sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times before, but the search function didn't really give me anything and a 105 pages of read in this thread is a little bit of hassle.

Also other jacket recommendations than from Barbour are of course appreciated.

Look into the new polo line and get the Argon. It's a waxed jacket that is significantly slimmer than the bedale and beaufort.

Stewbone

Reaction score
Just received my bedale back from the factory and I had asked them to repair a tear, rewax, and add a leather trim to the bottom hem. The repair exceeded my expectation and turned out to be much cheaper than what a local tailor would have charged. Here are some pictures of the repair and bonus bag:

They additionally tightened up some loose threads and got this 16 year old jacket back to prime shape.

Last edited:

MrKaizen

Reaction score

Just received my bedale back from the factory and I had asked them to repair a tear, rewax, and add a leather trim to the bottom hem. The repair exceeded my expectation and turned out to be much cheaper than what a local tailor would have charged. Here are some pictures of the repair and bonus bag:

They additionally tightened up some loose threads and got this 16 year old jacket back to prime shape.

A very professional service

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ yes it's the cotton finish that differs not the wax.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads