1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

Aha. Good to know you're not one of those people with a predilection for outrageous cuffing.

2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

"So far" meaning you haven't SS I assume. Really disappointed with the SS Norton collab, but my wallet is not.

Agree with you on the canvas of the Barra/St. Kilda/Uist. Also, the buttons are horn.

IMHO it's TTS, but it's boxy. Shoulder and armholes are TTS, but the body is boxy. Tabs at the back help with this though. If you're slender however you could probably size down.

I'd try Barneys. I got mine in that color from the store after the site sold out in my size. Otherwise Barbour shops here in the US might have it. Got the navy a week ago today for 50% off at the Chicago Barbour store.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  3. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Nice jacket

4. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

A few barbours on sale at orvis. Currently an extra 20% off sale items there,.

5. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Which jacket is this?
    [​IMG]
    Thanks!

6. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

7. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

8. nzomatrix

nzomatrix Member

Are sleeves easy to shorten on the Barbour Chelsea? I just received the Barbour Chelsea from Country Attire and it fits great except for the sleeves.

9. vicemarc

vicemarc New Member

How do Barbour jackets handle perspiration? I ask because I wore my Bedale (in sage) the other day and I noticed that there was significant moisture from my back and the inner tartan lining was really moist. I let it air-dry overnight and I noticed this morning that there was a slight discoloration on the outer shell, almost like a horizontal line from where the cotton tartan lining ends and the bottom where there is nylon on the bottom third. The half where the tartan lining is is a bit lighter in color compared to the bottom, which is a bit darker.

Can reproofing fix this? Or is this a "sweat stain" that will forever be etched on my Bedale?

10. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Ashby in navy now on sale at Nordstrom. Link it through your Discover card from Discover's site for an extra 5% back or try Ebates for a bit back. Oddly enough did an End search with google to compare price before placing the Nordstrom order and got a link for End for the same price. End has it in olive while Nordstrom does not. Nice price on both considering the Bedale is $375 or so here in the States.

11. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Thanks for the PSA.

FWIW, I ended up paying about $46 customs on an Ashby from End. The Ashby itself was $212 + $12 shipping at the time.

12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I have a Chelsea.. nothing special about the cuffs on those. Should be an easy fix.

Yikes really?! I ordered my Chelsea during the Thanksgiving/pre-Christmas sale and got it for a steal. I think around $145 and no customs!! I have heard of people complaining of the customs from End but I've bought from them repeatedly with no hit... hmmm.

13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I just dug up the fedex bill. It was $34 for the customs plus another $6 "advancement fee". There was no brokerage fee. You're usually pretty safe from getting hit with anything if the order is under $200.

14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

ok maybe that's it... I didn't realize there was like a customs threshold so to speak. anyway, thanks and enjoy the jacket!

15. thisstylishlife

thisstylishlife Active Member

Does anyone have any feedback on the Tokito Shoreman from a few seasons back? I'm curious if it fits closer to standard barbours or more like other tokitos. I'm a L in the commander, but would want a little extra room for layering if I can track down a shoreman.

16. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

It came in two different variants. The cinnamon colored ventile version and a dark olive waxed version. I have the latter. I got a large as I have in all of my other Tokitos. I don't have the Commander, but I have about 8-10 other Tokitos and the Shoreman is the loosest of the bunch. IMO that's the look he was going for. It's stand Tokito in the chest and shoulders, but boxier in the body. It can be drawn in at the waist and I've also drawn it at the bottom ever so slightly.

17. thisstylishlife

thisstylishlife Active Member

Thanks, guess I'll be looking for a large cinnamon if anyone wants to lighten their closet.

18. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I picked up the Norton & Sons Barra jacket through Barneys sale. I wear a 42 or 44 in Barbour jackets and the XL Barra fits great. It's really a stunning piece and was a must buy for me at $309.

I also stopped by Barbour Kittery today to check out the Presidents Day sale. They had a full size run of the Norton St. Kilda and a navy Barra in XXL. I also noticed the Dept. B Shordace and Field Hoodie in lots of sizes. Not sure what they were priced at or when the sale ends but if you are local it may be worth a visit.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  19. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

So that means you sized up 1? Because a 42 is normally a large correct? I have a 38 Bedale and a Chelsea in a Small so I'm trying to figure out what size I would b in the Barra. If I go TTS I'd order a Medium. I'm so confused on what size to get.

20. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I finally received my Barra from Barney's that I ordered over two weeks ago.
    Ground ship + ice storm in Oregon delayed it and I went on vacation before it arrived.

Anyway, I'm usually a 44 suit and ordered the XL. It fits well in the shoulders but the body is sort of boxy. The button cinches help.
    I could layer a fairly heavy sweater if I were so inclined. The measurements on End are accurate for the XL at least.

Kudos to CTBrummie for pointing out how cool this jacket is. I'd seen it online and thought it was kind of meh. Very happy I got it.
    The odor is pretty strong. I can smell it from across the room right now. It's not unpleasant.
    It smells like a Jack Spade X Barbour I got last year.