• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawlercon
i got a call from george to thank me for my order, ended up chatting with him on the phone for 10 minutes. the brown vibram sole'd ones will be coming out soon. vibram is super backordered on the sole, so that's what's holding this up. i'm really stoked to start breaking these in.
can you post detail pictures when they arrive?

lawlercon

Reaction score
definitely, i'll be doing a write up on them.

lawlercon

Reaction score

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
thanks for sharing. super cool of you.

so you mentioned you thought they run a half size large, is that accurate?

not to be a bigger pain **********, but if you get some time can you take some photo's of the inside of the shoe. i am curious if they use the same technique yuketen and quoddy uses.

great shoes man!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
If they're made in Maine, then they no doubt come from the same factory that several other brands use... so the quality and fit is going to be about the same across the board. Just pick whatever flavor works best with your style.

come on geniuses figure it out

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
If they're made in Maine, then they no doubt come from the same factory that several other brands use... so the quality and fit is going to be about the same across the board. Just pick whatever flavor works best with your style.

your not the sharpest person in the world are ya? i wonder if all made in usa items are made in the same factory. i bet they are huh robin
smile.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol this idiot

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty soon he will be telling us that there is a "rick owens factory"

accent1220

Reaction score

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hey lawlercon! so i am about to order a pair of the trail oxfords and was curious if you still think you could have sized down a half size. i am trying to get this order right the first time and what not.

i spoke with the designer and creator, george, for about 20 minutes the other day and this guy is super cool. this is a line we will all be talking about in the future, i promise ya.

lawlercon

Reaction score
whatever,

i think i could of went with a 10, but the 10.5's have broken in really nicely. either way, they will stretch a bit if they're a little small, but if it's too tight you risk damaging the stitching and sort of "squeezing" the leather. i would go with the size you feel confident with, i wouldnt try to size down because i don't like the idea of letting the horween leather stretch out. like i said before, i wear 10.5 redwing boots, and i went with a 10.5 oak streets and they were lovely right out of the box.

they get more comfortable everyday.

here are some more photos i snapped today:

5002476769_dda8352ecb_z.jpg

5002450983_835080bb66_z.jpg

5002449365_d1bd446ef4_z.jpg

5002447443_2b035bfece_z.jpg

5003053058_fc130b29ef_z.jpg

5003051848_780a28e448_z.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hey man! thanks for the photos and sizing advice. i did order that exact pair but with the camp sole. and i know exactly what your talking about regarding "squeezing" the leather. my yuketen angler mocs i purchased a while back were about .025 to small and that exact thing happened. so i order the size the owner recommended for me...i ordered my dress shoe size.

the owner is a total stud too! i ended up speaking to him for about 20 minutes. he has an amazing vision, style, and business model. he is going to do great...

i am totally drooling at those photos. but ill have mine in a month or two. i am going to order a pair of his loafers too at some point. thanks again for sharing.

lawlercon

Reaction score
awesome man! i'm waiting for him to do the brown trail oxfords w/ vibram sole. i'll be picking up those too!

george is great and everything he's doing is heading in an awesome direction.

they'll be the worth the wait man! enjoy!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawlercon
awesome man! i'm waiting for him to do the brown trail oxfords w/ vibram sole. i'll be picking up those too!

george is great and everything he's doing is heading in an awesome direction.

they'll be the worth the wait man! enjoy!

totally. thanks again. nice blog too
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads