• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not washing hair everyday

Wings_2006

Reaction score
I use Dove shampoo and conditioner and absolutely love it over the other more expensive shampoos I've used before, but my hair does become dry and brittle if I wash it every day. So every other day I usually wear it back.

Claire

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I'm not going anywhere on the weekend, I let my hair 'go.' Same with my face. Not shaving for a few days, is the best remedy for irritated skin. Wait a few days to shave, and your skin feels like silk, afterward.

Otherwise, I have to wash my hair each day. But every night, I give my scalp a massage, for fifteen minutes, or so. A really, vigorous one, bearing down pretty well with my fingertips. Talk about bringing oil, to the surface! You wouldn't believe how much oil oozes from the scalp. Like a natural conditioner. My favorite shampoo is Jean Marc Maniatis bioacide de fruits. It's excellent. Avon's grapefruit/rose is wonderful, too.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I love love love the Bumble & Bumble Sumou styling wax. If I have washed my hair, it gives it a really nice manageable texture, and it doesn't saturate my hair with grease on the second day.

BTW welcome back, Claire.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wash my hair just about every night, and it's always really frizzy and dry in the mornings ... think kramer x 10. I might try washing it less, and rinsing the product out instead.

ts4them

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I love love love the Bumble & Bumble Sumou styling wax. If I have washed my hair, it gives it a really nice manageable texture, and it doesn't saturate my hair with grease on the second day.
I'm going to try this- is it a matte finish or is it shiny? I'm looking for a matte finish flexible product. My favorite, Schwarzkopf's Mess Up, changed it's formula and now it makes my hair look dead instead of "beachy". I tried the B & B Surf Spray, but didn't like it for the same reason.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ts4them
I'm going to try this- is it a matte finish or is it shiny? I'm looking for a matte finish flexible product. My favorite, Schwarzkopf's Mess Up, changed it's formula and now it makes my hair look dead instead of "beachy". I tried the B & B Surf Spray, but didn't like it for the same reason.
If you can find it, Mattmaxx by Wella has the best matte finish I've tried handsdown.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B&B Sumotech is basically identical to AC Fiber, but you pay more than twice as much.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can wash your hair every day, i wash mine pretty much every other day, or after exercise.

If you wash your hair every day, be sure to use a shampoo that doesn't contain SLS (sodium laureth/lauryl sulfate) that stuff really dries your hair out and I believe can cause scalp inflammation for many, which could damage your hair. (even moreso if you have thinning hair) Pretty much everything in the grocery store or salon will contain SLS.

I use Jasons All Natural shampoo and condition with Jojoba. It is "dirt" cheap at vitacost.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads