• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not washing hair everyday

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
I have to wash my hair everday or else it gets very oily. Even if i take a shower and dont use shampoo it is still too oily to look good.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is it? I've heard mixed (but generally negative) things about his line (and salon, and show, and and etc).

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
How is it? I've heard mixed (but generally negative) things about his line (and salon, and show, and and etc).

Dirt? It's expensive, it smells GREAT, it works good in keeping my hair separated and manageable. there are other products that work just as well for much less, but I received a few tubs as gifts and I do like it quite a bit. His show was a bit of a trainwreck, in that good kinda way. this last season was a bit over the top tho, as he seemed to be crying in every episode.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm. Out of curiosity, what products have you found comparable?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

it must be the weather here, but you guys must realize that not washing one's hair in this part of the equator is a pariah.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Dirt? It's expensive, it smells GREAT, it works good in keeping my hair separated and manageable. there are other products that work just as well for much less, but I received a few tubs as gifts and I do like it quite a bit. His show was a bit of a trainwreck, in that good kinda way. this last season was a bit over the top tho, as he seemed to be crying in every episode.
How long does this stuff last? I saw online that it comes in a 100g container for $20+. I use this stuff called MattMaxx by Wella in the same size for around $17. While the $20 price range sounds a bit much (especially when I was used to the $5 stuff you get at Target), one container alone has lasted me since January of this year and I use it every single day. The only ***** is that I've only been able to find it online/brick-mortar at Vidal Sasson in LA so when in town I make sure to stock up on a few and I'm good for a year or two. It keeps my hair completely dry but stylable and because it's water based, it comes off easily in the shower if I don't shampoo. Still, I wouldn't mind trying what else is out there.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Dirt is $26 for a tub. Pretty damn $$ if you go thru a tub/month. I use it on days when I need to be extra sexy.

Alternatives: Kiehls makes one for about $15 that's real similar, but I cant recall its name. There are other products that do the same type of thing for my hair, even tho it's completely different and you can tell it is. I use Garnier Surf Hair creme for daily use when my natural level of sexiness is enough to get by. $2.56/tub at Sprawlmart

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah. It depends how dirty the city you live in is too. When I am in brittany I can wash my hair 2 or three times a week. Here in paris, I can't go without washing it every other day.

!luc

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you go without washing your hair every night if you use product in your hair daily?

I can't imagine going to bed with my hair full of clay, and smearing my face in it all night.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Dirt is $26 for a tub. Pretty damn $$ if you go thru a tub/month. I use it on days when I need to be extra sexy.

Alternatives: Kiehls makes one for about $15 that's real similar, but I cant recall its name. There are other products that do the same type of thing for my hair, even tho it's completely different and you can tell it is. I use Garnier Surf Hair creme for daily use when my natural level of sexiness is enough to get by. $2.56/tub at Sprawlmart

Tub a month? Damn. Maybe I'll stay were I am. Yeah, I've used that garnier stuff before. Rather consistently, actually, until I got switched over to Maxx. The difference really isn't only in the price.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
How do you go without washing your hair every night if you use product in your hair daily?

I can't imagine going to bed with my hair full of clay, and smearing my face in it all night.

Rinse the product out at night, how else? Assuming you dont use anything waxy or oily it's not going to be a problem. Learn to toss and turn less in your sleep and flip your pillow around, and turn your pillow case inside out so you get 4 nights of clean fabric per case. It's good for your hair and skin.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
Rinse the product out at night, how else? Assuming you dont use anything waxy or oily it's not going to be a problem. Learn to toss and turn less in your sleep and flip your pillow around, and turn your pillow case inside out so you get 4 nights of clean fabric per case. It's good for your hair and skin.
Ah, so just rinse... I wash my hair every night, thus far it doesn't seem like its doing my hair damage (nor does the person who does my hair), but then again I'm only 20, and my Dad isn't (too) bald. I use sebastian's crude clay, and that stuff is a b*tch to shampoo out, let alone rinse. Quite the dilemma.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My hair doesn't get that greasy but I just feel dirty if I don't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads