1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Not washing hair everyday

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Kent Wang, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I shower everyday but I've found that if I skip washing my hair -- i.e. don't use shampoo and conditioner -- every other day or so my hair looks a lot better. I suppose letting the natural oils develop makes for a more natural look than using hair product. Is this a recommended practice? Here's me today: [​IMG] I am mostly going for a Caesar cut hair style. Someone posted in another with photos of Al Pacino in Scarface. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

UNCLEAN!!!!!

No, in all seriousness, I do the same damn thing. No problem. Time, hassle, whatever - most girls don't wash their hair every day, so why should we?

3. Arethusa

Arethusa Distinguished Member

You shouldn't wash your hair every day unless you really need to. It varies from person to person as some people have oilier hair than others, but generally, you want to skip at least one day in between washing your hair unless it's very short or you can't reasonably do so (crap in your hair, etc).

4. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Distinguished Member

my hair looks like shit if i wash it more than 2 times a week... sometimes ill go a week without washing it. my scalp feels better, hair looks better, and is more manageable

5. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Do you still rinse thoroughly with water or try to avoid getting it wet at all?

6. rdawson808

rdawson808 Distinguished Member

I do basically the same. Except that I condition two-three days in a row and then wash. Since this is usually mixed in with going to the gym where I always wash my hair, it doesn't get (too) dirty. Mine also looks better when I don't wash it all the time. It seems to give it a little more body.

b

7. tsloop

tsloop Senior Member

now that I have longish hair it looks a lot better when I don't shampoo it every day, just every other day or 3 times a week. I try to wash it thoroughly every day, just without shampoo sometimes.

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I only shampoo 2x/week....the other days I wash with just water to get rid of bad bedhead.

your hair definitely looks/feels better if you shampoo minimally

9. sushijerk

sushijerk Senior Member

I do the exact same thing. My hair looks/feels its best about 2 days after shampooing, mostly because whatever product I use strips the hell out of the oils in my hair.

Someone once told me that American shampoo products aren't suited for Asian hair because of some pH difference. Anyone know if this is true?

10. Reggs

Reggs Distinguished Member

I do this too and it all works out great. Iv been wanting to pick up a badgers hair brush to distribute the oils even further. Has anyone used one?

11. Arethusa

Arethusa Distinguished Member

Do you still rinse thoroughly with water or try to avoid getting it wet at all?
    Rinsing's fine. It's detergents taht strip natural oils that cause problems.

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I shampoo my hair 2-3 times a week.

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

This is embarassing, but I was once watching this stupid reality show about some swank salon in California and the owner, who developed a product called 'dirt' so that after washing your hair you could use it and have that manageable effect of having not washed your hair for a day or two. Weird.

Regards,
    Huntsman

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

My hair looks its best after a day of not washing. More than that and it gets a bit tricky since I use product (mattmaxx).

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

This is embarassing, but I was once watching this stupid reality show about some swank salon in California and the owner, who developed a product called 'dirt' so that after washing your hair you could use it and have that manageable effect of having not washed your hair for a day or two. Weird.

Blow Out. have to admit I was totally into that show! and I use his product, Dirt as well.