• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Which ones are the Lunarglide+ 4's? Middle?

Yes, the one in the middle.

Hrmmm RFX, Free haven 3.0's are available for $63 or so shipped right now. Would you still recommend after getting your Lunar Edges in?

I haven't given the Lunar Edges a full workout yet but I think the Havens are pretty much the Free-sole equivalent of the Lunar Edge 13s Lunarlon-sole in comparison the sole thickness/cushion. Free Havens also looks like it can be worn for cross training outdoors too while I am not sure with the Lunar Edge 13s, although you've used it more than me so you can answer that question. The Havens feels and looks more versatile overall just from trying it on. I'll probably try out the Lunar Edge 13 tonight.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
QUick recap on the Lunar Edge vs. Free Trainers, I prefer the Free Trainers over the Lunar Edge, in initial though the Lunar Edge felt a bit closer to the ground but that is because the drop off from the heel to the forefoot/toe is much deeper. When standing up while putting my weight on my heels, my toe raises and isn't planted on the ground. When I do squats for example, it is stable and doesn't feel like I would tip forward but my whole foot doesn't feel like it is flat on the ground. I also did some speed skaters and lunges and there isn't a wobble or imbalance from side-to-side (which I sometimes get with the Free Runs) but the toe does feel like it is up in the air.

That isn't the case with the Free Trainers, it felt very stable and my feet felt really planted to the ground, it just felt better for training likely because I am used to training in Free Runs? I just prefer it for training overall. One gripe though, when tightening, I feel a bit of a pinch on the side of my foot where the toe and forefoot meet. Again this is probably being used to wearing Free Runs and Lunarglides with much softer, cloth-like uppers w/o any structures unlike the the Free Trainer 5.0.

In order of preference is still FR2 > FT5.0 > LE13. I'll give both another try and see how they feel after some breaking in however I am very curious about the Free Trainer 7.0 to see if it is a bit better since it's suppose thicker or more cushioned than the 5.0 but still has that close to the ground feel and flexibility.

hipster

Reaction score
whats the best euro webstore to kop frees/lunars/roshes? they're over 100€ in every place ive found
also im size 44½ in the new tiempos so should i go with the same size?

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
where are you finding the cheap 3.0 frees?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

any webstore that ships international?

Eastbay.com and all the other store they operate like Footlocker.com, Footaction.com, ChampsSports.com, etc...

where are you finding the cheap 3.0 frees?

The Free Havens, they are $80 at Nikestore.com right now and they just had a 20% off coupon that expired.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My pic might be a bit deceiving, my pair is actually the obsidian colorway.
2hnyg01.jpg

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Lunar Glide 4 ID's are en route. Been using a pair of Lunar Glide 3's for the past year, looking forward to seieng how the 4's hold up.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

**** these are dope for the gym. Damn you rfx, I don't need more frees already have 3 pairs. I hate the free run + I have though so I only wear my black 2s and blue 3s.

Need those white ones and the gyakusou ones, now there's ******* 12 dus at my gym with the exact same electric blue ones so sick of all these ******* biters.

I like the flyknits but they'll probably look huge in my size and no way I'm paying 150 for dem *****. Lunars are cool but I'm not going to work out in marathon shoes.

arvolkov

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the Killshots look good, maybe even better than the Samba.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To those interested in Flyknits, this website seems legit: http://shop.portlandrunningcompany.com/index.php?product=532984

Lunars are cool but I'm not going to work out in marathon shoes.

:lol:
There are good trainers with Lunar though but they are probably more for cardio or cross training than strictly lifting, frees seems better for that especially if you aren't training outdoors or in the field where you need more traction on your shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads