• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Has anyone seen/handled this 10oz denim Mallory in the olive....Kind of on the fence, thoughts ? Opine away

Thanks.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen/handled this 10oz denim Mallory in the olive....Kind of on the fence, thoughts ? Opine away

Thanks.
Haven't handled it, but I like it. Only thing with that colorway is that the ventile looks kinda bright. I think back to the AW13 stone mallory and the ventile patches were really bright IMHO. Too bright for the coat and it looked... well just off. This one doesn't look nearly as bad and I'm considering it myself. I think the color and the denim compared to the Harris Tweed makes a difference.

What are you on the fence about?

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Am a denim, shirt or t shirt kinda guy in summer and the jacket may be a tad dressy....Been wearing WTAPS,Stone Island over shirts as examples.....or if I need something nicer Belvest SC in cotton or linen....10oz Denim is not really heavy but..........

Not really sure why I am undecided.... Lol

Thanks for the input.......

Enjoy

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am a denim, shirt or t shirt kinda guy in summer and the jacket may be a tad dressy....Been wearing WTAPS,Stone Island over shirts as examples.....or if I need something nicer Belvest SC in cotton or linen....10oz Denim is not really heavy but..........

Not really sure why I am undecided.... Lol

Thanks for the input.......

Enjoy

I'd consider both colorways to be Autumn wardrobe possibilities as well as Spring.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Thanks, Still really like the "look" of the fabric and the colorway.....On the slim chance that someone here has said jacket and would care to post a pic.

Would be appreciated.

Am now "Teetering" lol

Thanks

migsy999

Reaction score

I am visiting Tokyo and Kyoto for the first time in a couple of months (I have asked for some advice here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/399789/japan-shopping-october-2014-help )

But I have a more specific question for this thread: I definitely want to try on a large range of Cabourn as I have only ever seen about half the available range in person.
Will I need to go to one of the Cabourn flagships or are there any independents that carry all of Cabourn's inventory as well as other brands?
If I do go to a Cabourn flagship, does it matter which one, there seem to be quite a few in Japan?

Just got back from Tokyo and visit to the Shibuya/Aobadai shop is a must. There's 2 large shops within 50 yards of each other. One is the new flagship and the other is the old flagship with some amazing price drops in it.
I only saw Cabourn in Beams plus in Shibuya and it's a small range. Just go to the Cabourn shop. It's a lovely area and you can have dinner around there in a small cafe. There's other great little shops around there too.

I'm a bit jealous you'll b there for the AW collection as I wasn't a great fan of this years SS. I still bought some great bits though and the old shop with the discounts is like being a kid in a candy store.

It's amazing for shopping. They treat you like a king. Shows our customer service up a bit.

jonnyt

Reaction score
That's great 999, thanks. I hadn't thought about the possibility of finding bargains, just seeing the full range. I hope the old flagship will still be open when I visit.

migsy999

Reaction score
Pretty sure it will. I can't see it closing for any reason unless the rent is a problem.

They need somewhere in japan to shift old season stock. There isn't a Marrkt type website in japan for Cabourn to sell old stock.

It's quite easy to miss as it's not got any signs outside, like most shops in Tokyo. Visvim, EG etc were so hard to spot. There's no signage or any clue that they exist. You have to ask really as even having google maps and the shops locations saved in my phone, I had major problems finally getting to the right spot.
None of the independent shops are on main roads. They all seem to be down the smallest cute back streets. But they all look the same and it can be a long day just finding two or three shops.

It was great anyway. Just being in Tokyo amazing and you'll find little shops all over selling the best clothes on the planet.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll be interested in getting your thoughts.  I have a few of the AW13 Barbour x Norton and Sons jackets.  I got them because I felt they were versatile for both Spring and Fall.  Not as impressed with the SS14 offerings, but with some of the sales I'm seeing they're growing on me.

Superb craftsmanship and materials. I'd say they're right on par with Cabourn, but at much more reasonable prices. Now, I just have to wait until September for a rainy day...

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Superb craftsmanship and materials. I'd say they're right on par with Cabourn, but at much more reasonable prices. Now, I just have to wait until September for a rainy day...

Great to hear and glad you like it. My AW pieces are great as well. I was worried about your coat though. I just got the Seaboard in the post on Saturday and it was very disappointing. It'd have gone back either way after my Cabourn order, but I wouldn't have kept it either way as it just didn't come close to the AW offerings.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New AW14 photos, courtesy of End

Last edited:

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
The Fred Perry x Cabourn collab looks great
Especially like the shoes
Thanks for posting - any more info?
If it's more at a Fred Perry price point - it will fly

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads