• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

shredwin206

Reaction score
@Razorhog I hear they’re working on a how to care for your belt video and will be showing what they recommend for treating the double stuff.
The leather is so supple as is. I’d be worried about conditioning it and end up with a floppy belt.

suedefetish

Reaction score
do we really need a how to care for your belt guide? it's a belt...I have leather belts with 10+ years of wear on them that feel as nice as when I got them.

shredwin206

Reaction score
@suedefetish I never do anything with mine I work construction. Enough of my sweat soaks into belts to keep them spry. But some boot fans are obsessed with how to care for anything. So yes I’m sure a video will be made.

Razorhog

Reaction score
do we really need a how to care for your belt guide? it's a belt...I have leather belts with 10+ years of wear on them that feel as nice as when I got them.
If you don’t need it, don’t watch it. I think a how-to video on how to clean/condition natural double stuffed leather would be very helpful.

Jsanchez

Reaction score
In addition, it would be cool to see a video highlighting finished boots in wicket and Craig leathers. I know there is a short video on utube about the difference in tanages, but the video left me wanting more.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In addition, it would be cool to see a video highlighting finished boots in wicket and Craig leathers. I know there is a short video on utube about the difference in tanages, but the video left me wanting more.
good idea. Will add to the calendar.

shredwin206

Reaction score
IMG_0639.jpeg
IMG_0642.jpeg
IMG_0641.jpeg
New builder pro day

milkbaby

Reaction score
Thoughts on high arch and moderate heel combination?
Prospector
View attachment 2056495

I recently got a pair of Builderpro on 11067 last with the regular tall heel, and they are really comfortable to me, so I probably wouldn't go for the moderate heel.

There's actually a pair of Domepros 55 last in the RTS with 10% off which are very tempting... But two reasons I didn't snatch them up are that I would prefer a 10" tall boot, and I want the tall heel, not the lowered one on this pair.

But I also could see how some people might prefer the moderate heel stack: different strokes for different folks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads