• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The pic on the bottom... is that one of the new test pairs after being put through its paces, or one of the relics you dug up for for R&D on the leather?
Yeah, R&D. That is a 50-year-old boot that was the inspiration for the new leather. We were so impressed with how it held up we worked with Seidel to try and recreate it.

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Yeah, R&D. That is a 50-year-old boot that was the inspiration for the new leather. We were so impressed with how it held up we worked with Seidel to try and recreate it.

Aha! That's gotta be one of the most incredible patinas on any boot you've ever shared.

Interestingly enough that actually answers another lingering question I had... was curious what tannery you worked with, but I was betting Horween, thinking it looks sort of similar to Predator.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, we are offering 10% for a limited time on the new 1964 brown boots to celebrate the launch. If anyone is interested, or you know anyone who might be, the coupon code is 1964 and applies to these boots:

You might be able to talk me into a discount on an MTO made with that leather, too :)

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
That stuff just looks too incredible.

Hate to be that guy, but... is there a chance we could change my latest order to some of this? ? I wanted to jump on that veg tan while it lasted, but this just feels like a whole 'nother level.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That stuff just looks too incredible.

Hate to be that guy, but... is there a chance we could change my latest order to some of this? ? I wanted to jump on that veg tan while it lasted, but this just feels like a whole 'nother level.
Yeah man, for sure.

adrs1157

Reaction score
Hey guys, we are offering 10% for a limited time on the new 1964 brown boots to celebrate the launch. If anyone is interested, or you know anyone who might be, the coupon code is 1964 and applies to these boots:

You might be able to talk me into a discount on an MTO made with that leather, too :)
Hi Shuyler,

Is it possible to order a pair of Rangers 1964 with a single row of stitching on a leather outsole?

motojobobo

Reaction score

Hey Shuyler,
I’m interested in a packer with this leather. Possible?

Jpto

Reaction score
I'm pretty close to ordering a pair of Rangers in the 1964 leather. I was originally thinking of Chromepak but then I heard about the 1964 leather and have been sitting on the fence until now.

Quick question - is it possible to order the 55 last Ranger with a 1/4" lower heel and a casual/rounded false tongue/kilty? I'm happy to pay an upcharge for this if it's possible.

Ranger 55 1964 Brown Leather Boots (nicksboots.com)

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm pretty close to ordering a pair of Rangers in the 1964 leather. I was originally thinking of Chromepak but then I heard about the 1964 leather and have been sitting on the fence until now.

Quick question - is it possible to order the 55 last Ranger with a 1/4" lower heel and a casual/rounded false tongue/kilty? I'm happy to pay an upcharge for this if it's possible.

Ranger 55 1964 Brown Leather Boots (nicksboots.com)
Sure, we can do that

Phanes

Reaction score
Nice distraction, a whole day of killing weeds and digging dirt including a short stint in a lake.
Bootsies still looking cute. 4 months, no issues, no conditioning, no break in time and 100% love for high arches.
PXL_20210424_131456151.jpg

Woodtroll

Reaction score
I'm really interested in a pair of packers with the 1964 leather. Thanks for letting us know about this opportunity.

I wear 11-1/2E in the GSA contract 25V-2 boots, and also in White's 690 last packer boots. Can I expect your 5332 last to fit the same?

Can you do a double midsole on these, with the Vibram 430 outsole? I don't see this listed as an option on the MTO, but greatly prefer the double midsole. If so, is there a specific code to use for the discount on the MTO?

Thank you!
Regan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics