• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The pic on the bottom... is that one of the new test pairs after being put through its paces, or one of the relics you dug up for for R&D on the leather?
Yeah, R&D. That is a 50-year-old boot that was the inspiration for the new leather. We were so impressed with how it held up we worked with Seidel to try and recreate it.

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Yeah, R&D. That is a 50-year-old boot that was the inspiration for the new leather. We were so impressed with how it held up we worked with Seidel to try and recreate it.
Aha! That's gotta be one of the most incredible patinas on any boot you've ever shared.

Interestingly enough that actually answers another lingering question I had... was curious what tannery you worked with, but I was betting Horween, thinking it looks sort of similar to Predator.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, we are offering 10% for a limited time on the new 1964 brown boots to celebrate the launch. If anyone is interested, or you know anyone who might be, the coupon code is 1964 and applies to these boots:

You might be able to talk me into a discount on an MTO made with that leather, too :)

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
That stuff just looks too incredible.

Hate to be that guy, but... is there a chance we could change my latest order to some of this? 😬 I wanted to jump on that veg tan while it lasted, but this just feels like a whole 'nother level.

adrs1157

Reaction score
Hey guys, we are offering 10% for a limited time on the new 1964 brown boots to celebrate the launch. If anyone is interested, or you know anyone who might be, the coupon code is 1964 and applies to these boots:

You might be able to talk me into a discount on an MTO made with that leather, too :)
Hi Shuyler,

Is it possible to order a pair of Rangers 1964 with a single row of stitching on a leather outsole?

motojobobo

Reaction score

Hey Shuyler,
I’m interested in a packer with this leather. Possible?

Jpto

Reaction score
I'm pretty close to ordering a pair of Rangers in the 1964 leather. I was originally thinking of Chromepak but then I heard about the 1964 leather and have been sitting on the fence until now.

Quick question - is it possible to order the 55 last Ranger with a 1/4" lower heel and a casual/rounded false tongue/kilty? I'm happy to pay an upcharge for this if it's possible.

Ranger 55 1964 Brown Leather Boots (nicksboots.com)

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm pretty close to ordering a pair of Rangers in the 1964 leather. I was originally thinking of Chromepak but then I heard about the 1964 leather and have been sitting on the fence until now.

Quick question - is it possible to order the 55 last Ranger with a 1/4" lower heel and a casual/rounded false tongue/kilty? I'm happy to pay an upcharge for this if it's possible.

Ranger 55 1964 Brown Leather Boots (nicksboots.com)
Sure, we can do that

Woodtroll

Reaction score
I'm really interested in a pair of packers with the 1964 leather. Thanks for letting us know about this opportunity.

I wear 11-1/2E in the GSA contract 25V-2 boots, and also in White's 690 last packer boots. Can I expect your 5332 last to fit the same?

Can you do a double midsole on these, with the Vibram 430 outsole? I don't see this listed as an option on the MTO, but greatly prefer the double midsole. If so, is there a specific code to use for the discount on the MTO?

Thank you!
Regan

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.