• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Phanes

Reaction score
Had a speak in the heel and mid foot area, yep after getting them wet and oiling them it went away.

ll00ll00ll00ll

Reaction score
Had a speak in the heel and mid foot area, yep after getting them wet and oiling them it went away.
I'm not certain "how" to get them wet or oil them. In both cases, it honestly feels like it's coming from the attachment of the sole to the midsole. I could be wrong, but that's really what my gut is telling me. I have no idea how to get moisture (oil or water) into that area.

In any event, @Nicks Boots Shuyler is on it. I believe they are going to be resole'd. I notice it more in my Roberts than my Builder Pro's, but i think it's because the v-bar is so much thinner than the Builder Lugs. I can actually feel it vibrate as it squeaks in my Roberts. And I can make it squeak really slowly if I flex them slowly. In both cases, it very much feels like it's outside of the boot, if that makes sense.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I noticed they're not live on the site anymore... but is there any chance a homie could get a 34" 1964 western belt?
Our sewing machine for the westerns broke so we had to take them down. Working on alternatives. Sorry!

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Omg just saw the 8 inch Moc Toe quick ship. You made my week!! Will the 1964 brown also be available in that model when updated? Otherwise I'll probably grab the 1964 Chocolate
We have a few runs of collab boots to run through in 1964 so inventory is going to be a little tight for 8 weeks. But will probably be back in 6 weeks or so. The 1964 chocolate is really nice, though. Like I would just get it it’s really pretty.

jthmeffy

Reaction score
We have a few runs of collab boots to run through in 1964 so inventory is going to be a little tight for 8 weeks. But will probably be back in 6 weeks or so. The 1964 chocolate is really nice, though. Like I would just get it it’s really pretty.
Well, damn. I definitely understand, though. What would be the best way to go about this for me (and by best way, I mean the way that won't upset too many people too much):
  • Put in a standard lead time order matching the options on a quick ship order, and call to have it converted to a quick ship order once 1964 Brown becomes available for it (if they will let me do that, otherwise cancel my standard order and reorder as a quick ship). This would let me get my boots by next Summer if 1964 Brown takes a lot longer (like if it ends up being April or later, basically) to be available on quick ship but hopefully a lot earlier.
  • Just wait for 1964 Brown to be available on quick ship and order then.
  • Just order on standard lead time if I want 1964 Brown so bad and stop bothering the fine people at Nick's with my damn questions.

Moeck14

Reaction score
Appreciate the transparency, order placed! Figured I'd snag a shirt while I was at it. Now the waiting begins :)
Screenshot_20221103-222531.png

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members