1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by phreak, Jun 30, 2011.

1. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Is it too late to take this back?

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Colts should suck it up and "throw" this season. A team called the Black Sox or something once did something kinda like that and it worked out fine for them.

Then the Colts draft Andrew Luck and get Manning to tutor him in his final years. Maybe he'll end up the next Aaron Rodgers!

3. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Ted Ginn just sealed the Niners victory. Kickoff return for TD immediately followed by a punt return for TD.

4. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Woot! 1-0
    Semi-relevancy is within our grasp!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  5. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

A terrible NFC west makes well... everyone else in the NFC relevant.

6. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Bears sure are looking like a terrible team after one game...

7. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Yep, he's seen better days. :crackup:

8. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

I will admit, Urlacher played good today. Really surprised by that score in that game, thought the Falcons would roll the Bears.

Lions and Matt Stafford :slayer: Finally have something to be excited about as a Lions fan.

9. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Not to mention Hester looked like Barry Sanders on his TD run.

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Tony Romo is funny

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

romo is really irritating to watch. because he's good, but you know he'll make a major major mistake.

the announcers totally called him out for constantly running down the play clock. if you watched ANY of the other games today QBs were fooling the shit out of the D-lines into jumping offsides in all of the games. Hell it even happened to the Cowboys D-line with Sanchez.

Then romo has that smirk/smile like everything's cool and alright as he runs the playclock down to zero putting himself into the teeth of the Rex Ryan Defense/blitzes and throws to an obviously gassed bryant guarded by Revis and a 2nd defender. ..

Then you can see romo with his arm around bryant probably telling him its ok... or worse actually gently blaming bryant for the INT... no romo... it was all your fault... keep on smiling bro...

aaron rodgers used to have that "its going to be alright smile" and attitude but he manned up and now just does it after plays when its justified.

12. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

^^ The thing is though, Romo really isn't that good. Yea he puts up numbers, but he constantly folds under pressure. Always fumbles on the goal line and throws picks at the worst times. He alone has lost his team so many games in the last several years it is a joke.

13. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

That fourth quarter was painful to watch. Being a Mets/Cowboys fan is probably the shittiest combination possible over the last decade.

1 person likes this.
  14. Teger

Teger Senior member

good day for the ravens

15. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

16. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

i'm not a romo fan by any means. to be honest, i thought the cowboys should've picked up another backup qb and had them duke it out for the top spot on the depth chart... (i've been saying this for years)

however, i really don't think this is his fault. i do think he made ONE back decision (bryant's interception)... but did that REALLY cost the cowboys the game?

sometimes i feel like the dude is set up to fail... and everyone keeps praising the dallas defense, but in my opinion, if the offense hadn't been moving the chains during the second half, you would be complaining about them as well.

17. Nil

Nil Senior member

[​IMG]

Oh football, I've missed you so.

And jrd, I apologize for underestimating the Bears.

18. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Watching the Cowboys lose is so fun.

19. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

It was awesome to see the Ravens put a serious beatdown on the hated Steelers. They have to be considered a major early contender at this point.

20. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Heh, no apology needed.