• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any team that isn't QBed by Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Ryan, Roethlisberger, or Brady would probably draft Luck.

airblaster503

Reaction score

lol at manning. Patriots can start designing their super bowl rings.

I can't stand how dudes are still riding the Patriots so hard. Their defense won't be any good and Tom Brady has a bunch of mediocre talent surrounding him. Texans or Chargers will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

Packers looking impressive, Rodgers hasn't missed a step. Brees looking terrible with all these underthrown balls, should have been picked off 2-3 times. Excited for Sunday and watching the Lions lay a whooping on the Bucs

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can't stand how dudes are still riding the Patriots so hard. Their defense won't be any good and Tom Brady has a bunch of mediocre talent surrounding him. Texans or Chargers will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

Packers looking impressive, Rodgers hasn't missed a step. Brees looking terrible with all these underthrown balls, should have been picked off 2-3 times. Excited for Sunday and watching the Lions lay a whooping on the Bucs

:rotflmao:

I'm a Texans fan but even I know that this is pretty far fetched for them.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Well the other teams at the top of the AFC are getting old, and it is about time that team takes the next step. My guess though would be the Chargers come out but the Texans make a run at it this year. Jets aren't going to make it with Sanchez at the helm and the Ravens and Steelers will both have injuries on the defensive side of the ball that will have a big impact and Pats just won't be as dominant as some are thinking.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering the only reason people even think the Texans have a decent shot this year is because Manning is out, means they really don't have a shot. It'll be the Steelers, Chargers or Pats coming out of the AFC.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pass play on fourth and a foot? :facepalm:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't see the Chargers winning anything. They just seem like one of those teams that is a loser no matter how good they are.

If I had to guess right now, I would say the Jets are in the Super Bowl this year. Sanchez is an ok qb at best so far but every other piece on that team is so solid. If Sanchez takes the next step this year they are going to be hard to beat.

A week ago I would have guessed that the Eagles would be repping the NFC but the Packers are looking mighty strong at the moment.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't see the Chargers winning anything. They just seem like one of those teams that is a loser no matter how good they are.

I'm with you. I feel like they should be good, so I put them up there, but I never take into account the soul sucking power of Norv Turner until later. He's a born loser.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He was a genuinely great coordinator at one time. Somehow GMs haven't figured out that great coordinators don't always make great coaches. See also, Phillips, Wade.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Great opener to the season.

Terrible play call to end the game for the Saints, they were getting eaten alive in the middle all game, not sure what they were thinking there. Ingram was stutter stepping before hitting the line and that didn't help at all.

As for Norv Turner, I agree the dude is a born loser but I just have a feeling this is the year for the Chargers and Texans.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, I don't know if we've already done the thing where we guesstimate how our team is going to do, but:

Cowboys are going to win 6 or 7 games. 8 at the most. Their schedule is tough, their receiving corps is suspect, I don't know who the **** these linemen they are starting are. Tackling sucked in preseason.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Lions win 9-10 games, get the wild card spot over the Bucs with a win this Sunday. That is my prediction, of course is Stafford gets hurt again another losing season here we come

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Pack gets matched up with the NFC South and AFC West :)lol:), neither division being that much of a powerhouse beyond the Saints we already beat. I can see a 13-3 season quite easily. Maybe drop the game to Atlanta at home, though we did dominate there last year, one to the Lions at home as long as Stafford stays healthy since it's the end of the season and we'll be resting starters while they're fighting for their life and....... hm..... 14-2 seems presumptuous, but it's possible. The Giants are ridiculously devastated with injuries and the season hasn't even started, the Chargers have that loser Norv leading them, and neither the Bears nor Vikings seem like contenders. Throw in another random loss in there when we're not firing on all cylinders then. I'll stand by 13-3.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads