• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2010 Discussion

BC2012

Reaction score
^^^^^ Um, Leonard Little killed someone and kept playing. Mr. Donte Stallworth, too. Never hear about them, either. But when it's dogs (a.k.a. people's children) it's akin to genocide.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fact that someone has served their time means just that - they're no longer required to be in prison, and they have an opportunity to go out and rebuild their life. It doesn't mean that society should forget what they did that landed them in prison to begin with.

If a killer, or a ******, or a pedophile, or an armed robber, or (insert your crime here) does his time, how happy are you going to be if he starts dating your sister/daughter/mother when he gets out? You're not going to say "well, you did your time, so now you're probably a great guy...welcome to the family!"

And really, the "America thinks dogs are more valuable than people!!!!" argument is a dumb one. Dude went to jail primarily for running an interstate gambling ring and for lying repeatedly when he was caught.

I'm not a PETA loving, vegan, "I hate most people but love most dogs!" nutjob. I'll say this though, and maybe it doesn't make sense, but it's how I feel - I think all of us, at one point or another, have been so pissed at another human being that we wanted to inflict bodily harm on them. Hopefully most of us have been able to control our tempers. All of us have probably done something stupid (maybe stopped paying attention for a split second while operating an automobile) that, in a worst case scenario, could have caused serious injury or death to another human being. Hopefully we've all been fortunate enough to have avoided that worst case scenario.

But I've never looked at a pet and though it would be fun to beat the **** out of it, electrocute it, drown it, or shoot it. If you enjoy this sort of thing, you are a seriously broken individual and I don't see a couple of years in prison changing that.

So as not to be totally OT - I thought DJax was going all the way when he was in the open field on that last drive.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
But I've never looked at a pet and though it would be fun to beat the **** out of it, electrocute it, drown it, or shoot it. If you enjoy this sort of thing, you are a seriously broken individual and I don't see a couple of years in prison changing that. So as not to be totally OT - I thought DJax was going all the way when he was in the open field on that last drive.
Excellent points, very well made. Yeah, I thought Vick was throwing the winning touchdown.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For people who ***** about Vick playing in the NFL still, I like this analogy: imagine you have an ex-con who is a highly skilled individual who is one of a handful of people in the world who can perform the most critical of tasks in a multibillion dollar a year industry. Should he not be allowed to work in that field if he has served his time, by all accounts is following his parole requirements, and his crime had nothing to do with his chosen profession?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Since we are comparing the criminal pasts of our favorite NFL players... Aside from the typical marijuana, weapons, and the weird hit and run on a drunk pedestrian charges, Marshawn Lynch has this gem:
Lynch was accused of stealing $20 from the wife of a Buffalo police officer in a local TGI Friday's on December 7, 2009.
Beastmode!!!
id5ZWq.gif

BC2012

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg

But I've never looked at a pet and though it would be fun to beat the **** out of it, electrocute it, drown it, or shoot it. If you enjoy this sort of thing, you are a seriously broken individual and I don't see a couple of years in prison changing that.

So as not to be totally OT - I thought DJax was going all the way when he was in the open field on that last drive.

It's not that I condone anything Vick did but he is perceived by the average person as a monster when players have KILLED PEOPLE and aren't given a second thought. As a heartless, lifelong Philadelphian I generally could not care less about what a player does - but I take exception that people would view a dog fighter as a worse human specimen than someone who gets destroyed and mows someone down in their Escalade and continues on with no real public scrutiny.

It has to do with how people view pets, with which they can easily identify, versus a random stranger.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He did his time, my point is more about the horseshit media

[/b]
Originally Posted by BC2012
^^^^^ Um, Leonard Little killed someone and kept playing. Mr. Donte Stallworth, too. Never hear about them, either. But when it's dogs (a.k.a. people's children) it's akin to genocide.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
He did his time, my point is more about the horseshit media

[/b]

Statistically, prison made Vick a better football player. That's redeemed enough for me.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank god. Now people can get off Vick's nuts and stop saying "he's so pro and the best quarterback EVER."

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
Thank god. Now people can get off Vick's nuts and stop saying "he's so pro and the best quarterback EVER."

MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guster
Please don't take this as condoning what Vick did. But I am always amazed that the Ray Lewis story rarely ever gets mentioned....

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Eleven days after Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, the three were indicted on murder and aggravated assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Prosecutors alleged that the bloodstained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[25]

Lewis claimed that the prosecution knew he was not involved in the murder but chose to go ahead with the case anyway, saying "You don't care if I'm guilty or not. You gonna make sure I go to jail for life."[26]

Lewis' attorney arranged for the murder charges against Lewis to be dropped in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting, and a guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[11] Lewis admitted that he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. He was sentenced to one year of probation and was fined US$250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[27]

Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000.[28] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.

The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV MVP. However, the signature phrase "I'm going to Disney World!" was given instead by quarterback Trent Dilfer.

On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, preempting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family

Originally Posted by BC2012

+1

And then there's KOBE

Originally Posted by gort
Any word if big Andy strapped jumper cables to Vick's ears for losing?
biggrin.gif

worship.gif

Interzone

Reaction score
It's not that I condone anything Vick did but he is perceived by the average person as a monster when players have KILLED PEOPLE and aren't given a second thought.
So you're implying that Vick's not a monster, because in my mind, he is. That other sick ***** aren't getting as much attention doesn't change that fact.
It has to do with how people view pets, with which they can easily identify, versus a random stranger.
facepalm.gif
It has more to do with the fact that Vick's a star in the NFL. Remember Qyntel Woods? Of course you don't.
And then there's KOBE
Oh please. Kobe got far more press coverage than Vick. Yes, he's amended his image, and so will Vick. Same goes for Ray Lewis. And remember, neither Kobe nor Lewis were actually convicted of anything.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vick deserves a better O-line.

I hope someone other than Philly signs him next year. People suck Brady's nuts too, but his O-line, and his blindside tackle (Light) are probably the best in the league. Brady only gets sacked if he spends more than 6 or 7 seconds in the pocket. Vick, Brees, Bradford, Rivers, Rogers etc. can squint and be running for their lives.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads