• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2010 Discussion

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of really strong candidates for the NFL HOF this year. I think Faulk, Deion, and Sharpe are locks, everyone else has at least a decent chance to get in.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
A lot of really strong candidates for the NFL HOF this year. I think Faulk, Deion, and Sharpe are locks, everyone else has at least a decent chance to get in.

Deion is an ass.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^But still no doubt a HOFer.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no way Carter doesn't make it. Dude was amazing. Still holds many records or top rankings.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
There's no way Carter doesn't make it. Dude was amazing. Still holds many records or top rankings.

I'm just not on board with carter as HOF. He was never really dominant the way that Jerry Rice was or Andre Johhnson is today. Marvin Harrison IMO, should be a HOF receiver and I can't really think of too many others.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of the three WRs who are finalists (Carter, Reed, Brown), I think Carter is the most HOF-worthy. Such amazing hands and body control.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by countdemoney
I'm just not on board with carter as HOF. He was never really dominant the way that Jerry Rice was or Andre Johhnson is today. Marvin Harrison IMO, should be a HOF receiver and I can't really think of too many others.

I can understand why you'd think that, especially when he was on a team with the young Randy Moss. Having seen hundreds of his games, I assure you he deserves the spot. He's made literally hundreds of grabs in situations where other receivers just couldn't (eg, on his toes at the sideline) and still can't.. There's a reason he topped the total catches (or was it TDs? I dont' remember anymore) record.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one's close to Rice in terms of receving TDs, yards, or catches. I think Brown has more total yards than Carter, but Carter has more TDs. Receptions are close between the two.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Carter is definitely a HOF. Brown is too.

I really hate this 2 week layoff before the SuperBowl ****. Honestly, at this point, I'm starting to not even care any more.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
22 hours to go- **** I'm not sure ill be able to fall asleep tonight im so hyped.

Go pack go!!

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HOF:
Richard Dent
Marshall Faulk
Chris Hanburger
Les Richter
Deion Sanders
Shannon Sharpe

Ed Sabol

Not in:
Jerome Bettis
Tim Brown
Cris Carter
Dermontti Dawson
Chris Doleman
Charles Haley
Cortez Kennedy
Curtis Martin
Andre Reed
Willie Roaf

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is Faulk in and Brown & Carter are not? I'm assuming Martin and Bettis are too "new" to get in. Does a ring get you in faster?

Since the Colts lost, I watched all the playoffs sober. It was interesting I remember people here said the Packers were unstoppable during preseason.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure a ring doesn't hurt.

Different positions obviously, but Faulk is ahead of both in terms of yards from scrimmage (4th behind Rice, Smith and Payton) and TDs - though Brown edges him out in all-purpose yards. All three should be in, but I'm not surprised to see Faulk making it over the others.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads