• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie to forum needs some bespoke suggestions for upcoming Rome/Amalfi trip.

dasmodul

Reaction score
Hi there. New to the forums and somewhat new to bespoke. Given the very 'hobby' of going bespoke is highly dependent on economic status, I've always been into fine quality RTW clothes and have dabbled here and there with bespoke shoes every now and then. Currently I'm a little more able to explore bespoke and to celebrate my first ever trip to Italy. I thought I'd pick up a Satoriale Pal Zileri (always like their style philosophy but I'm open to others as well) while I'm there and some shirts. I'm only going to be in Rome for 4 days so hope they can get some fittings. If not, it's not the end of the world. It's worth a shot. I've contacted them about it and no reply yet. So the recommendations I need are for some good shirt makers. I know I can always go to Brioni but was hoping maybe something a little more unique. The ones I know of to check out so far are:

Battistoni
Caraceni

Any other suggestions? Heck even if it's not for shirts specifically and you think i should take a look, please share.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Mimmo Siviglia will make you a shirt in one day, but only if he likes you.

Also, since he's a bit up there in age, you'll have to speak somewhat loudly, but not so loudly that you seem rude. It's a very fine line, and you should probably practice outside before you walk in. He only speaks Italian too, so be aware.

(In all seriousness, make an appointment and bring a translator. He makes great shirts, and it's unclear how much longer he'll be around, so get them while you can. He is a bit hard of hearing, so your translator will have to speak clearly).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads