• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are always users, typically hardcore users, who complain about the changes in the redesign of any site.  It's pretty much inevitable.  And it's typically guys like us, who have used the site often, and for a long time, who are the greatest detractors.  

The old Yoox site was usuable, but that it took a lot of to figure out where everything was, and how everything worked, and to figure out work-arounds to the idiosyncracies in the categorization system and search.  The pictures also had real issues.  On some browsers, they would zoom but you could inexplicably lose the ability to scroll, which made the blown up images useless.  It was also cluttered, and the flow to "submit purchase" was not always very fast.

The redesigned site is a lot easier to use in that way.

As for the large amount of negative space and the minimalistic style, that is just the trend today, as opposed to the more information laden pages of the noughties.

I'm not sure that there is that much changed in the backend of the system, though we'd have to ask one of their backend engineers to find out for sure,  Most of the changes seem to be in the front end and in the UX.

Good response. As you know, there are really four tenants of good web design: discoverability, findability, UX and UI. The old Yoox site honestly lacked everything but discoverability. The new one gains in UX and findability. There is no visual storytelling, and it's become even more cluttered.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm rarely in this thread, so if this is a no-no forgive me or have the mods clear it out or whatever.

I have two jackets just like this so I won't be buying. But the prices on these are insane, especially if you can get a stackable discount. For some bizarre reason, this Lubiam line doesn't flip, so I can't buy and make money. Personal opinion, though: these are every bit up to StyFo snuff. I've bought and worn and been very happy with this line before. YMMV. If it were me, I'd be all over these.

http://www.yoox.com/us/49182972WV/item#sts=dreambox80&cod10=49182972WV&sizeId=
http://www.yoox.com/us/49182933HV/item#sts=dreambox80&cod10=49182933HV&sizeId=4

Go get 'em boys.

Last edited:

ultramantaro

Reaction score
Search for item redirect to wrong gender category bug that was always there is still there, it might be the evidence that indeed they have not changed much in the back end. However I use to be able to be forwarded to item page even if it sold out. I was able to b forwarded to the item page from my order thumbnails, not anymore. I was able to see enlarged version of the item in my order by clicking on thumbnail , no longer possible, the left pane with filter options scrolls randomly with every reload of the page even more annoyingly than the old Yoox. ******* disaster. The Search function is not improved one bit.... None of these changes designed to save server space either they just functionality shortcomings.
Someone got paid to produce this crap, instead of getting fired.

+1 - the annoying misandrist bug never got fixed. Despite my history of buying men's stuff the app/site still thinks I am a woman.

San780

Reaction score
Checking some statistics and it seems like Yoox was overtaken by Farfetch.com recently. FF had 8.6 million visits in July, compared to 8.1 million visits for Yoox...

ultramantaro

Reaction score
Perhaps YOOX is trying to communicate something to you about your clothing choices?
biggrin.gif

Nice. It's not doing a very good job though if that's what it's trying to do. Bluefly on the other hand, almost always sends me to the men's section.

UK2004

Reaction score
Is the current deal the clearout, can't help thinking it's a precursor to the major clearout although some of the best stuff will definitely go now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads