• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New custom menswear brand. Which logo do you like best?

Which tag do you like best?

• #1 - Plain

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • #2 - With blacksmith hammer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #3 - With anvil

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • #4 - They all suck!

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Douglas Hatch

Reaction score
Incidentally, the market we're targeting will be a little more forgiving on measurement I think. Last year was the first time I bought a custom suit (at the convincing of my style-forward sister). Before that it was off the rack from Dillards, and you could have fit two of me in both the pants and jacket (I'm pretty lean). When I got my tailor suit, you can imagine what a night and day difference it was. In retrospect, the custom suit fit well, but not perfectly. Nevertheless, I was floored and 3 months later started development on this business.

Anyway, that's kind of where I'm coming from. There are a lot of guys out there in really poorly fitting suits. I'm hoping our product will be good enough to intrigue the real connoisseur. But I'm even more interested in the guy's reaction whose last suit came from Men's Wearhouse. This of course is where our educational content comes into play...

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you should unify of the 2 foremost names in clothing today to make one synergistic whole: MensimageWarehouse

both a consultancy, and a clothier

Last edited:

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suit Foundry is a good name. It's very masculine while communicating exactly what the company is about.
It's a better name than suit supply for instance.

Suit Foundry? Why not Suit Mine? Equally daft, but at least it has benefit of pun.

E TF

Reaction score
I'd steer clear of describing your suits as "forged" - it has a second meaning.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forging is not done at a foundry.

Forging involves heating and shaping metal. It can be done with the hammer and anvil you use in the label.

A foundry is a place where molten metal is cast.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Using an open forum to solicit opinions will get you a wide array of said opinions. You won't like all, or most of them. Get used to it.
That said, [COLOR=FF00AA]the first one is the best. The others make me feel like I'm ordering a suit of armor...[/COLOR]I'm not a LARPer.

This^^..and it's not even close...
(However..the name is dumb.)

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"wizard of aahs"... now THAT'S a menswear brand!

Last edited:

E TF

Reaction score
forged
adjective
1. fake, copy, false, counterfeit, pretend, artificial, mock, pirated, reproduction, synthetic, imitation, bogus, simulated, duplicate, quasi, sham, fraudulent, pseudo, fabricated, copycat (informal), falsified, ersatz, unoriginal, ungenuine, phony or phoney (informal) She was carrying a forged American passport.

I'm sure no one is going to think your suits are fake, but I'd still avoid using any phrase that could have a potentially ambiguous meaning.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

forged
adjective
1. KNOCKOFF
I'd still avoid using any phrase that could have a potentially ambiguous meaning.

FTFY^^

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Foundry will be a great name if you were selling selling Protective personal equipment , toe cap shoes , hi-viz and so on where the concept of solidity is obviously a plus..

This concept can appeal to suit some buyers but they will tend not to be sartorially aware or repeat customers...

The segment you're working on is also very buzy with many shops ,department stores even supermarkets offering the less than 700 dollars suit..

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I tend to agree with the guys who say that Foundry may be a bit industrial for a suiting business. Good name if you were selling jeans however.

Anyhow, if you're married to it, you're married to it. Not my business.

I voted for the anvil one, but my biggest issue with the logo isn't the iconography but the font. Suggest you play with a few more options there.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads