1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

need denim from japan? or anything else?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by xcoldricex, May 10, 2006.

1. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i also have wallets for sale. a lot of denimheads in japan are also leatherheads of some sort. one of the most coveted wallets are red moon wallets (www.redmoon.co.jp). handcrafted by leather freaks in japan, the leather is amazing quality, and although they are sewed using a machine, the machine is hand wound by the leathercraftsmen to give higher control. of course they command a high price ~$250 for a wallet. so i've looked for alternatives- i found a independent leather craftsman while i was in seoul and sold a few of his wallets and leather braids to people. in tokyo its a bit harder but i was able to locate these wallets: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] the inside is different from the traditional "red moon"- it has a coin pouch and card slots. the bill section is not attached on one side and there is another card pouch in the inside of the bill section. $110 plus shipping.

2. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

a post by ringring for some background:

3. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

By the way, I find the popular culture give and take between the US and Japan over the last century and a half really unbelievably fascinating. Next time someone tells you that US culture is destroying the globe (TM) point them to this thread and tell them that all the cool kids in the US want stuff from Japan--that happens to be based off of original US stuff that has fallen out of favor. Awesome.

Tom

4. j

j Senior member Admin

Coldrice, what areas have you been shopping, and where are you staying?

From your pics I assume you've been through Ueno... have you been to American Blvd. yet? (In Shinjuku under the Epson building with the Uniqlo in it)

5. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i live in nakano. walked a bit around shinjuku, harajuku, shibuya, daikanayama, ueno, and ginza. don't believe i've been to american blvd. yet.

6. j

j Senior member Admin

i live in nakano. walked a bit around shinjuku, harajuku, shibuya, daikanayama, ueno, and ginza. don't believe i've been to american blvd. yet.
    You should check it out. It's a little strip of denim/streetwear shops under that building heading away from the main drag through Shinjuku. Probably more expensive than Ueno prices for similar stuff, but since you were talking about leather I thought I'd mention it because there is a shop with lots of leather, belts and about a zillion buckles there.

7. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

chainstitching:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

natural indigo d'artisans:

[​IMG]

shop pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

whoa, where is that coldrice? i'm going to tokyo in a few weeks after a stint in thailand...we should hang out for a drink or something

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Isn't that in Shibuya?

9. Roland

Roland Well-Known Member

Damn. That gray sweatshirt on the front page is exactly what I've been looking for. I just hope they make a 100% cotton model.

They have some of those in XL @ Jack Spade in NYC. $95.00

10. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

coldrice, Have you seen any of the sugar cane belts. Preferably the plain ones with no studs? If so what price are they goin for?

11. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

yes i have, please email me.

12. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

whoa, where is that coldrice? i'm going to tokyo in a few weeks after a stint in thailand...we should hang out for a drink or something

word, shoot me an email. it's americaya.

13. worn down

worn down Active Member

They have some of those in XL @ Jack Spade in NYC. $95.00

Cool, I didn't know you could them here. Do you know if they have smaller sizes? Perhaps I can get one of my friends to pick one up for me.

14. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i've looked in several uniqlo's and have not seen any hemp blend denim, if you want it though i can order it from the website.

15. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

random picture: [​IMG] studio d'artisan tshirt!

16. semaj

semaj Member

Can you get anything from Comme des Garcons? In particular the S/S 06 Rolling Stones line?

I really want the Rolling Stones Tounge T-Shirt. [​IMG]

17. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

shouldn't be too hard unless its completely sold out and only in resale shops. please email me with an inquiry and pictures. thanks.

18. semaj

semaj Member

shouldn't be too hard unless its completely sold out and only in resale shops. please email me with an inquiry and pictures. thanks.
    I sent you an e-mail. [​IMG]

19. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

if anyone has an order with me now. only the PBJ's and loopwheeler went out. I got pick pocketed on the subway apparently and lost ~$200 so i couldn't send out the other stuff. :\\

20. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear that :/