• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let your raw denim rags survive for ever in the Jeansmuseum!! They deserve it!!

swiss-jeansfreak

Reaction score
Crosspost from IH Forum:

Hi guys

I have started to collect raw denim rag stuff in the Swiss mountains in 1973 and the Jeansmuseum is open to the public on request since 2001 in Zuerich (only 20 min, away from the VMC store). Till now everything on this non commercial project is paid from my own pocket as a geographer. Perhaps the Jeansmuseum can go one step further next year, if there will be successful fundraising over the next month.

Over 12000 items have been rescued from the garbage bin since 1973. Most items are from 1960 up to 2000. But the Jeansmuseum is always about 5-10 years behind. Well I myself try to wear my raw denim stuff over many years too.

Till now almost no items from APC, Atelier La Durance, Edwin,Evisu, Flathead, Imperial, Ironheart, Nudie, Samurai, Studio d'Artisan had reached the Jeansmsueum. Not only the vintage stuff should be preserved but the newer japan denim brands and so on too!

The Jeansmuseum encourages people to use their raw denim stuff as long as possible but never throwing them away.
Many beautiful aged raw denim rag items are displayed on the virtual net, but the Jeansmusuem offers those beloved items a safe place to survive for ever in the real world too, what they really deserve after a long and hard life.

So if anybody of you have a raw denim rag item you really can't use anymore: Be aware to keep them alive for ever. Use them as long as possible, keep them in your personal collection or nail them on a wall at home, or whatever. And when there comes the time you wanna get rid of them, just don't trash them. Give them a chance for an eternal life.

There are 4 main raw denim rag killers:

- Moving day
- Moving together with an other person
- Start having a family
- Getting older and changes in lifestyle

So keep this in mind, since I have heard many many sad stories about beautiful faded raw denim rags, where people even knew about this Jeansmsueum, but when I met them later, they are always telling the same story: Too lazy, too much work, forgot the address of the Jeansmuseum and so on.

To be serious: What are you doing with your beloved favorite items when time has come, where you really can't wear them anymore?

Some people will use them as spare parts, some people just keep them in the closet but many items will end up in the trash some days.

And exactly those heavy used items would fit perfectly in the Jeansmuseum, showing many personal signs of a long life

So once again: Use your stuff as long as possible, but when it comes to say good bye to them just remember the Jeansmuseum. And really no matter how ugly or poor condition, even if never washed, filthy just reflecting a part of the real life

swiss-jeansfreak

Reaction score
I just have to add of course another 5th raw denim rag killer: If a pants or denim jacket is just too heavy worn out and not wearable for someone

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads