1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

need denim from japan? or anything else?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by xcoldricex, May 10, 2006.

1. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

xcoldricex, what wallet braid is that black one in the jean pics you last posted? Damn, I like that one, the feathers and the hook. Just curious. I got mine today, thanks again.

2. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

it's a red moon braid. i added the feather, the skull, and the hook. if you want a hook i can get one for you also. the redmoon hooks cost $200+ (silver) i found a cheap alternative. haha.

3. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

oh a request... when sending price requests PLEASE include a link, otherwise i have to spend a lot of time looking for the price of what you want- and it's easier to be sure of what you are asking about when you include a link (if possible). thank you.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

For those hesitating and who wonder how genuine xcoldricex buying service is well I've just received what I ordered from him and am very satisfied with the whole process. His fee is reasonnable, he answers emails quickly and ships without delay. I'd definitely recommend him.

If you're wondering how he got my things so fast you have to understand that I basically started the whole process by messaging a guy on superfuture who's in tokyo and used to provide that kind of service, he's been very busy lately so he referred me to coldrice (derrick). Since you owe it all to me I will accept monetary donation, don't hesitate to message me to learn the many wonderful ways you can use to send me money, I'm very flexible and will accept any amount, now matter how big.[​IMG]

BTW here's what I purchased:
    http://www.ladmusician.com/shop/clothes/06SS_07.html
    the second coat, in black, size 46 (36 US). It's a tiiight 46 btw so definitely not for everyone. The horsehide leather is buttery soft and the garment is very well made, except for the crappy YKK zipper which I should definitely replace with something of higher quality.

5. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

What's the fit on those Pure Blues?

And are they still selling the Studio D'artisan 103xx ?

Great thread by the way. If Ryu from superfuture could join in the discussion, it would be unbelievable.

6. ruach

ruach Well-Known Member

here's what I purchased: http://www.ladmusician.com/shop/clothes/06SS_07.html the second coat, in black, size 46 (36 US). It's a tiiight 46 btw so definitely not for everyone. The horsehide leather is buttery soft and the garment is very well made, except for the crappy YKK zipper which I should definitely replace with something of higher quality.
    Oooh my goodness. So so lucky. I've really wanted one of those.. [​IMG] xcoldricex: Sorry if this has been answered before, but for how long will you be in Tokyo? I am poor, poor, poor right now, but I would love to get some stuff once I have some money.

7. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Don't want to get my hopes up too much as I'm kind of operating in the dark (poor coldrice) on this, but if coldrice is able to which should I get: Loopwheeler crewneck or hoodie. I'll be staring at the ceiling tonight in deep thought over this important matter.

8. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i haven't been able to get to the loopwheeler shop yet but i've been meaning to. when i do i'll let you know- in the meantime, send me an email with your request. for those unfamiliar with loopwheeler- they are high quality tshirt/sweater makers- basically the "japanese denim" of tshirts/sweaters. www.loopwheeler.co.jp

9. worn down

worn down Active Member

Damn. That gray sweatshirt on the front page is exactly what I've been looking for. I just hope they make a 100% cotton model.

10. j

j Senior member Admin

i haven't been able to get to the loopwheeler shop yet but i've been meaning to. when i do i'll let you know- in the meantime, send me an email with your request. for those unfamiliar with loopwheeler- they are high quality tshirt/sweater makers- basically the "japanese denim" of tshirts/sweaters. www.loopwheeler.co.jp
    Dude, I vote you MVP of the week by far. I am learning more in this thread than I did on my trip to Japan. Of course I was very confused and couldn't speak almost any Japanese, so that's not so surprising, but anyway, thanks.

11. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i actually can't speak japanese either! but i've been getting by and getting the information i need somehow. the service here is great as i said, if they don't know how to say it they'll call their sister's friend's friend who can speak enough english to get what they're trying to say across.

but thanks for the compliment j, though i'd still consider my knowledge about this stuff elementary- i should probably read up some more so i can help you guys out better... and maybe try introduce some new brands while i'm here.

i will be in tokyo for another month i believe, then will be relocating to osaka for a month. osaka has denim shops of their own, but in regards to PBJ- i'll try to ask to see if they can mail me denim or not. the best way is to just order now while it's easy- as i don't know if mail order will be possible.

as far as shoes, i've seen many high end shoe stores here- but i assume those aren't limited to japan, thus i wouldn't be able to help people in that regard? if anyone is into CCP though, they have a few japan only shoes/boots here but i don't think people on this board wear that kind of stuff.

12. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

I second that MVP vote! [​IMG] You know i was going to say coldrice is so helpful he's practically japanese, but i figure that doesn't make so much sense. Thanks on behalf of a good number of us here, though.

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I need a big ass plate of hirekatsu teishoku or kubota from Maisen in Omotesando. And maybe some "to go"

14. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Coldrice, out of curiosity... of all the stuff you've tried on and looked at, which have been nice enough for you to take home with ya?

15. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

the only things i've bought so far are a red moon hip bag and the Pure Blue AI-001's. I usually go around and try to see what everyone has to offer before making any purchase.

I picked up the PBJ AI-001's immediately because they are really amazing- no other pair of jeans i've seen so far is like this pair. denim and color are amazing- and they use subtle two color stitching. I also bought them because that was the only way I was going to get good pictures for you guys haha. maybe get a pair of jomons? (seems like you either hate or love 45rpm. I'm the latter.) Problem is I have too many other interests to spend my money on, like vinyl, avant garde clothes, leather goods. haha. Also I probably have a different fit and style than most of the people on here...

I also liked the SDA X's 26 and the XXX-26. Oni denim was nice- comparable to the PBJ XX-003. The verdict is still out on samurai's and sugar cane's for me. Still have to try on some Warehouse's.

16. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I'm also interested in the linen/cotton Uniqlos. Did you find out about those?

Have you looked at any sneakers? I'd be interested in Japan-released Adidas, Onitsuka and Puma. Have you been to the Onitsuka store? Are there any cool local brands?

17. kumoo

kumoo Well-Known Member

coldrice, could you pm me how much would the AI001 cost shipped to canada? and also the sorahiko's too!

thanks alot!

18. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

if you find any specific shoes you want just let me know. you can check some out at www.chapterworld.com i'm trying to break my sneaker habit haha- i've only been buying visvim shoes lately.

19. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

if you find any specific shoes you want just let me know. you can check some out at www.chapterworld.com i'm trying to break my sneaker habit haha- i've only been buying visvim shoes lately.
    [​IMG] Very cool, but at USD 120 is too expensive for me. But maybe some one else would be interested.

20. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

as far as uniqlo's i can get these by ordering them online http://www.uniqlo.com/L4/getitem.asp...emMngCD=u52061 i went in one uniqlo store, they didn't have them or any darker ones. when i have the chance i'll try some more stores. if you're interested in the ones above. just email me.