1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Pop sits Duncan, Howard has 20 at the half. Backfire much?

2. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

don't see how it's backfiring. duncan gets his rest, pop couldnt care less whether or not theyre forfeiting a road b2b.

how the fuck does a team have 6 assists in an entire game LOL. and afterwards kyrie was like "nope nope that doesn't matter."

warriors are awesome, but weirdly enough, so is houston. everyone (me included) thought they took a huge step backwards this offseason, but they've dominated (shitty) competition. dwight looks better than last year, ariza is lights out, and their D is actually good. when they play actual teams we'll see if they can keep it up, but it's hard to say they're way worse than last year.

also memphis is so under the radar because their games are awful to watch, but they're undefeated and just straight up destroying offenses. love that team.

don't see how
    this is fucking hilarious

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I guess some get to pick and choose when to be competitive. If Scott Brooks did it, I would be surprised if your response would hold water.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The hell is this commentator smoking?

"Once Felton comes back they'll get the 3 fastest guards in the league with Jameer and Ellis"?

:lol:

Did all other guard in the league sprain their ankles?

1 person likes this.
  5. Brothersport

haha, fastest to the post-game spread, maybe?
    it is true that some get to pick and choose. pop has a huge advantage in that, cuz his team is so good otherwise and he has unlimited job security.

but i thought most people were in agreement that coaches should rest players more often during the regular season. i totally would have supported brooks doing that last year, or spo doing it w/ lebron.

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Maybe. But when your team loses like that, the decision should rightfully be questioned. If you lose by 3 points, I'll shut up, but a blow out? Then you sit your other key guys? I call shit. Especially against an unbeaten team.

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

If the rims were lined with doughnuts, Raymond Felton could outrun John Wall

1 person likes this.
  8. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

Or cupcakes

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Brothersport

don't really know what you're talking about. best time to sit your best players is against a really good team on a 2nd road back to back game. you're far less likely to win any 2nd road b2b so you might as well get your rest and save the vets to win the easy ones against the shit teams. all wins (basically) count the same at the end of the season.

plus then you give the other team less tape to go off of if you meet in the playoffs.

this is far from the 1st time that san antonio has done this, don't know why you're complaining about it this time. sometimes they even win the game where they sit all the vets.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

San Antonio was blown out by 20 points? Yup, dynasty is over. Stick a fork in them. They're old

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Oh lawdy Parker's goose egg lost me $3k

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

2 complaints: goes against the spirit of competition and I have Parker and Duncan in fantasy.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Yeah we got fucked good tonight, huh Idfnl? Parker fucked fuck me right where it hurts. Tisk tisk I'm in the Eva longoria camp going forward. Booooo Parker, booo

I totally know how she feels now

1 person likes this.
  14. Brothersport

i got kawhi on my fantasy team and i'm downgrading his next contract in my head w/ every single passing game ugh. might be able to get him for a minimum deal soon.

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ha ha, Tyson Chandler also. Thursday's are good catch-up/pull-away days but it didn't happen for us. Your whole squad took a dump.

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

T his happened to be the first SA game I've watched this season. Obviously there's no reason to overreact, but dear god did they look like shit last night. I realize that Duncan and manu sat, but this team did not play like any SA team. No motion, no whipping the ball around, everyone was tentative and lost against the defensive juggernaut that employs james harden :lol:

The no-max-for-Kawhi camp could also use this game as a highlight reel. The dude could not create an open shot for himself, couldn't get around anyone (I stopped paying attention, but I would lmao if it turned out to be harden guarding him), and would just jack up contested shots after failing to shake anyone.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  17. wojt

wojt Senior member

they are done

.. like every year

2 people like this.
  18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Don't get me wrong, no one should be counting them out to defend their title. But either Pop is trolling the world, or they've got to get back onto the practice floor, or they just had a shit game where no one listened to Pop and he's already back there kicking ass

19. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

They did look like shit and Pop, as usual IS trolling the league. I think he will do it more than last year- but he may end up shooting himself in the foot.

As will Kawhi.

20. diadem

diadem Senior member

The Spurs, as good as they are, have never won back-to-back championships and I don't expect that trend to come to an end this year. The West looks even more brutal than it did last season and I think no matter how much Pop rests his dinosaurs, they're not making it through that gauntlet. It's obviously very early in the season and we've all heard people talk of SA's demise in the past and laughed at those haters when the Spurs hoisted the trophy in June, but somehow this season feels a bit different to me, and I've always liked SA.

So far, I'm really liking the Kings, though. Boogie is a man on a mission.