• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure they’re the same pricing as regular trousers depending on the fabric you choose. I can’t recall the exact price, but I picked a higher-end linen for them.
Do you recall which mill? I’ve wanted to do some linen pants and love that color. Also love this style and will possibly have to have Joe make me up some as well.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you recall which mill? I’ve wanted to do some linen pants and love that color. Also love this style and will possibly have to have Joe make me up some as well.
I don’t. But Joe will know.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got measured today for the first time by Divij....looking forward to finally getting a shirt that fits well so I can get fit down and go crazy.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have one. On vacation this week. I can post pics when I get back.

birdlives80

Reaction score
Really happy with the order I just received, a shawl collar tux, tux shirt, and a blue canclini skin chambray dress shirt. Will post pics once back from being pressed. First time ordering, really nailed the fit on the shirts and jacket. Back of pants around seat need a little clean up due to my forward hip stance, which we discussed during fitting as a recurring issue of mine, it’s better than my RTW pants but still needs work. Overall, very pleased and looking forward to more orders.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got back from a 10 day trip to the tropics which included a 7 day cruise. My travel wardrobe was highly Hemrajani- and Rubinacci-centric, as is largely true with my wardrobe as a whole these days. I thought I’d post a few photos focusing on some of my recent Hemrajani purchases for your amusement. I may do more than one post.

Let’s start with formal wear. On his last visit, I told Joe I wanted a white dinner jacket. What we wound up conceptualizing was based on a Loro Piana cashmere/silk fabric that I posted previously. The design is meant to be almost a Swiss Army Jacket that can be worn as formal wear or more casually as a blazer.

It is a single-breasted, peak-lapel (self-faced), one-button with jetted pockets and double vents. Here are a couple of pics worn as formal wear on the cruise (note: the dinner shirt is also Hemrajani).

27CA82AD-BA7E-4076-BB80-A36567B2AC24.jpeg
6AA96BC5-92A0-41A0-A162-CD1B67BF654B.jpeg
41BA534B-5E92-4B4F-891A-CD22DB5D9E4A.jpeg

Here is the same jacket worn as a blazer with a Hemrajani white linen shirt and Steed brown linen trousers (not visible).
E87C0EB0-ADAB-4746-B46D-874C321685C7.jpeg

There are a couple of fit issues with the jacket that I’ll resolve with Joe when he’s here next. But overall I’m pretty happy with the result.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For post #2 I’ll focus on the more casual stuff.

First, the linen beach trousers I posted before. Worn here with a Robert Barakett tee and a Neiman’s chambray short sleeve shirt.

A89F7C65-C5C9-42B9-94A1-06E271036226.jpeg

Next, is a raspberry linen camp shirt. I also had him make me one in a bottle green.

A3919B56-0EC1-48DB-B0D5-324EA57A4D7D.jpeg

Same shirt with a pair of Rubinacci “Manny” gurka shorts.

25EF03F4-06D6-49FC-B891-478A8B3579BE.jpeg

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent stuff! That off-white LP fabric works well as a dinner jacket! I think you did a good job with the design of it. My only comment, and this is purely personal, is that I don't like the swelled edge around the lapel. Joe made my lavender jacket that way and I didn't like it at all. He offered to remove the stitching, but I didn't dislike it enough to have them rework it, but I have to say it does bother me every time I put the jacket on. So when I commissioned a second jacket in the same fabric that you have @Mark from Plano I told them not to add the swelled edge and I like the plain lapel much better. But, as I said, it's just my taste and not at all a criticism. I think the DJ looks very sharp indeed!

birdlives80

Reaction score
Canclini Skin Chambray: very light, not sheer but quite thin. Neapolitan spread collar.

Really happy with the order I just received, a shawl collar tux, tux shirt, and a blue canclini skin chambray dress shirt. Will post pics once back from being pressed. First time ordering, really nailed the fit on the shirts and jacket. Back of pants around seat need a little clean up due to my forward hip stance, which we discussed during fitting as a recurring issue of mine, it’s better than my RTW pants but still needs work. Overall, very pleased and looking forward to more orders.

Attachments

• 46F003D5-766A-42B5-BF08-7A335D40FB69.jpeg
    46F003D5-766A-42B5-BF08-7A335D40FB69.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 224
  • A0A508C6-9CBD-40FD-84EE-5A556F2FACF9.jpeg
    A0A508C6-9CBD-40FD-84EE-5A556F2FACF9.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 309

Shinbashi

Reaction score
Have an appointment to get measured by Joe in Hong Kong for a suit and some shirts later this week; will let the group know how it goes.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my first Hemrajani shirt in the mail last week. Wore it a couple of times and fit seems good so far assuming shrink happens as they predicted - took it to my hand laundry to get the shrink over with - hopefully when it comes back everything is good to go and I can start replacing my OTR shirts!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having been a customer for 10+ years I can say that I've been very pleased with the way they estimate shrinkage in fabrics. I think you'll be satisfied.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads