• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Divij is coming to Chicago and I have a meeting with him next week. Plan on doing a shirt jacket finally. Any suggestions for cloth let me know! Wanting something mainly for fall weather. If I end up liking it prob will do a spring version in a different fabric.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
I recommend some oatmeal lightweight flannel....or a tobacco wool.
For a spring version, they have a wonderful Italian seersucker fabric in 7 different colours which would work with a light lining.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Divij is coming to Chicago and I have a meeting with him next week. Plan on doing a shirt jacket finally. Any suggestions for cloth let me know! Wanting something mainly for fall weather. If I end up liking it prob will do a spring version in a different fabric.

Did you get an email notification or did you reach out to him directly about his travel schedule?

it looks like his website isn’t yet up and running.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just met with Divij tonight here in Big D. Ordered a Shirt / Field Jacket in a 100% Cashmere Navy semi solid. It's about 310g so perfect for 2 seasons here in Texas. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend but I figured it would get heavy wear given its practicality.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just met with Divij tonight here in Big D. Ordered a Shirt / Field Jacket in a 100% Cashmere Navy semi solid. It's about 310g so perfect for 2 seasons here in Texas. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend but I figured it would get heavy wear given its practicality.
Cashmere sounds more luxe than durable. Are these jackets lined? Will the cloth hold it's shape?

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Did you get an email notification or did you reach out to him directly about his travel schedule?

it looks like his website isn’t yet up and running.
I got a mail flyer but also had inquired if he was going to travel at all this year. I think he’s here from the 7th-9th at the Drake hotel this time.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still need to get in there...
His shop is 3 minutes away from my house.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cashmere sounds more luxe than durable. Are these jackets lined? Will the cloth hold it's shape?
We are going to line the sleeves and self line the front of the jacket. Was going for something a bit luxurious. Hopefully it isn't so delicate that it can't get heavy rotation.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
We are going to line the sleeves and self line the front of the jacket. Was going for something a bit luxurious. Hopefully it isn't so delicate that it can't get heavy rotation.
I believe Divij has an all cashmere jacket like this and he said he’s worn it for a couple years now and has held up just fine. I know I had the same concern about using cashmere but he showed me his jacket that didn’t have any noticeable issues.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Met with Divij in Chicago and was great. Think today was his last day downtown but is out in the burbs rest of the week.

Went with some nice flannel trousers, shirt jacket and some polos. Great experience as always and glad to see him in person.

Sounds like they have some interesting stuff in the works and also had a very interesting cashmere jacket in brown with him. Would encourage anyone that can and feels safe to do so visit in person but otherwise give him a call.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Met with Divij in Chicago and was great. Think today was his last day downtown but is out in the burbs rest of the week.

Went with some nice flannel trousers, shirt jacket and some polos. Great experience as always and glad to see him in person.

Sounds like they have some interesting stuff in the works and also had a very interesting cashmere jacket in brown with him. Would encourage anyone that can and feels safe to do so visit in person but otherwise give him a call.

I just filled out my shoe and boot collection for the distant future. I am planning to buy a sport jacket with patch pockets as soon as I've been inoculated against this virus. I'm glad he's working again so he can keep the business going, but I'm worried people are not taking this virus seriously enough.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got this suit back from Hemrajani. I'm guessing this will be the last suit I have made under the Hemrajani label, given the transition to Divij Bespoke. Nevertheless, once again the Hemrajani team nailed it for me. The cloth is a rerun of Hardy Minnis 0315, a 400g flannel in a navy chalk stripe.
IMG_8087.jpeg

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing this will be the last suit I have made under the Hemrajani label, given the transition to Divij Bespoke.

Very nice! This looks straight out of 1940 (in a good way)!

do you know when the transition is set to occur? The Divij Bespoke site says it will be updated in summer 2020, it I’m guessing the pandemic has thrown a monkey wrench in those plans.

I’m anxious to read about how Divij Bespoke will be different or similar to the Hemrajani label...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads