• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

weissmenswear

Reaction score

Before Kirby’s video, I hadn’t realized Joe and Divij have this kind of casual jacket. I’m sort of on the fence when it comes to the the traditional safari jackets that have made the rounds on SF this year... I find the shirt jacket takes some of the elements I like from the Safari jacket and then classes it up through the fabric choice (Especially in cashmere), the tapered body and some of the great details on the back of the jacket.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Divij did have with him the shirt jacket made up in cashmere from I think Zegna. This is styled like the one Kirby (in his most recent video) had and it was awesome. I never knew they offered anything like it and was really impressed with the options. My biggest concern is doing it in cashmere and holding up well to travel but Divij said his has been on over 50 flights this year alone and doing fine. Anyone else have this and have suggestions on which fabric?
Perhaps consider Escorial wool? I don't have a shirt jacket, but Escorial has a very soft hand, but I think would be quite a bit more sturdy than an equivalent weight of cashmere.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Just had a fitting with Joe for the best jacket I have ever owned. Pics in a few weeks as there were a few tweaks! Actually just one little thing that needed to be adjusted; so stay tuned. I just love it.

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Perhaps consider Escorial wool? I don't have a shirt jacket, but Escorial has a very soft hand, but I think would be quite a bit more sturdy than an equivalent weight of cashmere.

that’s a good recommendation. Divij showed some really excellent VBC wools, and I was definitely considering that path, but I just kept coming back to the cashmere...hard to describe but there was still a perceptible difference and I’ve secretly been wanting something all cashmere in the wardrobe for little while now.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
(.. Sorry posted without really being sure... so deleted post.)

Staxxx1

Reaction score

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that’s a good recommendation. Divij showed some really excellent VBC wools, and I was definitely considering that path, but I just kept coming back to the cashmere...hard to describe but there was still a perceptible difference and I’ve secretly been wanting something all cashmere in the wardrobe for little while now.
Escorial is very nice, very nice indeed. But it is not cashmere. If cashmere is what you want, then I think you should focus on finding a cashmere cloth that you like and don't settle for anything else. Loro Piana has some good cashmeres in their summer collections, but those might be sold out by now. It's worth checking with Divij or Joe.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That slo-mo was so unnecessary.
Even if Kirby knows his ****, I find him to be insufferably affected/pretentious. Still upset Will's archives were lost after the acquisition/sale/whatever it was.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait, who was Will? Did someone else have the channel before Kirby?
Go through the internet archive for A Suitable Wardrobe and you can find some posts. Imagine a super-master class about tailoring/dressing with god-tier tailors etc. Around 2010-12 everyone on SF was starting their own brands/stores. Many have not succeeded, unfortunately (Panta, Howard Yount and, I think, ASW). It was as some speculated at the start, serving a niche of a niche (lot's of discounts on three-thousand-dollar scarves to a whopping $2800--an exaggeration but just a good point of conceptualization). Anyway, long way of saying I am pretty sure Will liquidated the site, even if it is called an acquisition. Dude is also retirement age so, you know, there's also a good reason to want to get out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads