• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My tailoring adventure - part 4

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Well you didnt need to be a genius with 20-20 vision to spot some faults in the last fitting. Chuong resurfaced last night with version 2 - this time no sleeves, but lined. Shoulder pads removed. This time I even had pants - will wonders never cease. They feel ok but are too long. Coming along I have to say. Shoulders are back somewhere near where they should be, seems to have sorted out the length somewhat (although the front still needs to be rebalanced a little) Borrowed a digital camera, so this time the pics are much much better than last time. Look forward to thoughts and feedback.
01fullbody0yt.jpg
Note that the coat is open here, even in the back shot
02frontopen5an.jpg
03openback25tl.jpg
04frontclosed4jt.jpg
05front45left1qr.jpg
06front45right2qi.jpg
the jacket is closed in these shots:
07back1xn.jpg
08back45left7zj.jpg
09back45right5kr.jpg
10leftsidearmdown4zs.jpg
11leftsidearmup1jk.jpg
12rightsidearmdown3we.jpg
13rightsidearmup8oc.jpg
Gentlemen, start your engines. Matt

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Besides needing to pick up the left side a little (an issue you seem to have spotted) it looks pretty solid. Amazing improvement over last time.

Great thread.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vicariously thrilling.

Good luck.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To this untrained eye, it looks like it could be taken in just a hair in the waste area. It look a little billowy in the back (although that may just be the vents - my computer monitor at work kind of sucks), and the front could maybe use just a bit more shape around the waste. All in all though, I think it looks great. Psst...he forgot the sleeves
tounge.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
You should really see a doctor about that gray mole though.
koji... thank god he passed ,one less thing to pay for.
Psst...he forgot the sleeves
tounge.gif
its a new style...saw it in GQ, said everyone is wearing it
biggrin.gif
thanks all for the feedback

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads