1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My neighbor is nuts.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Johnny_5, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

So my foot is messed and am stuck on my couch next to a window. I look outside and see a cute baby deer waiting under a tree for its mother. How nice. I look over by my neighbors house and see this guy throwing rocks at it (like 60 years old mind you). Naturally, being an animal lover I get pissed off, but let it go because he goes inside. 30 seconds later he comes out of his house with a broom swinging it at the terrified animal not trying to scare it but do some legitimate damage. I went outside before he got a chance to connect with it and exchanged some words with him and he stopped.

I can only imagine what would happen if my dog wandered over onto his lawn.

Fucking Bastard.

2. dah328

dah328 Senior member

No. Deer are a nuisance and he can do as he pleases on his own property.

3. bach

bach Senior member

so you're saying it's ok to abuse animals, so long as it's done within the confines of your yard?

[​IMG]

4. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Fail

5. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

so you're saying it's ok to abuse animals, so long as it's done within the confines of your yard?

[​IMG]

Would you prefer he shot it? He'd be within his rights. I've shot squirrels that lived in my attic. I think it's perfectly justified if they are damaging your property.

6. dah328

dah328 Senior member

[​IMG]

Um, no. The dude's clearly trying to scare it off. Y'all should be glad he didn't shoot as would be his prerogative.

7. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Fail
    Ha, the OP is fail. "A cute baby deer waiting for its mother?" Did you just finish watching Bambi or something?

8. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

BUT TEH DEER IS SO CUTE!

I seriously doubt he was going to be able to harm the deer with a broom. Those things are tough. I'm pretty surprised it didn't bolt when he threw a rock at it though, they're incredibly skittish here. They're a menace to gardens, so I would guess that's what his issue was, though really if you're in a deer area, do yourself a favour and put up a fence.

9. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Would you prefer he shot it? He'd be within his rights. I've shot squirrels that lived in my attic. I think it's perfectly justified if they are damaging your property.

my first thought
    bambi burgers

10. unjung

unjung Senior member

A beating seems unnecessary. Was it eating his flowers?

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

A deer is cute until its destroys your vegetation or totals your car. In many areas, the deer population is out of control and needs to be reduced through controlled hunts by the government. You should thank your neighbor for attempting to save the taxpayer some money.

12. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I'm starting to think some of you people have never been around deer. They wouldn't let you get anywhere near close enough to hit it with a broom.

13. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I was watching the deer for quite awhile. All it was doing was standing behind a tree. Doing no damage whatsoever. I even took pictures of it with my SLR. It was fucking tiny and when the guy came at it, it didnt even move. It was trapped in the corner of the yard along the fence with nowhere to go. When it was trapped the guy didnt try to move so it could run out of the corner into someone else's lawn he trapped it so he could hurt it, and he would have if his first swing didnt catch a branch next to the animal. If I didnt say something before he could swing again he would have seriously injured the animal.

It's one thing to scare the deer, I don't mind at all, but trying to beat it with the stick side of the broom is fucked up.

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Don't you run a restaurant?
    You should have let him have at it. Venison special for $29.95.

15. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Ha, the OP is fail. "A cute baby deer waiting for its mother?" Did you just finish watching Bambi or something?

No the OP didnt feel like watching a defenseless animal get beaten unnecessarily.

16. Milhouse

Milhouse Senior member

Since deer are a game animal, I'd assume the DNR in your state would have looked down upon killing of a deer outside of season by someone without a permit.

That said, you should have mentioned that and said you would forget the whole thing if he split the carcass with you. . . deer veal! (Is deer veal the proper term? Is there even a term for baby deer meat? Is baby deer as delicious as other baby animals?)

17. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Don't you run a restaurant?
    You should have let him have at it. Venison special for $29.95.

If he had his way with that deer the meat would not have been usable. [​IMG]

18. Milhouse

Milhouse Senior member

If he had his way with that deer the meat would not have been usable. [​IMG]

Tell him to aim for the head and only the head.

19. whodini

whodini Senior member

Digital, you're such a pussy. I didn't know I had befriended some kinda PETA freak this entire time.

Some people are just weird and anal when it comes to animals. I've lived in areas where deers, bears, coyotes, racoons, etc. were constantly passing through but it's just been part of living there, much like the sound of traffic would be acceptable for living in the city. It sounds like your neighbor simply has nothing else better to do.

20. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I would have asked the deer on a date.