• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first Gucci Shoes - Opinion?

zilfi

Reaction score

The shoes are not what I would prefer for myself if I could wear loafers but there is no reason to be rude to Zilfi. Zilfi you should check out Herring shoes, they have a great selection of many types of loafers and dress shoes at
various price points and quality levels. I just bought some monkstraps from there myself.

Thank you Habanos for your input.
I will, god willing, start to make more shoe purchases this coming month and have narrowed down my choices of loafers to Mantellasi, Santoni, Gravati and Bruno Magli. The prices range from $300 -$350.

Best Regards.

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your remark Christian.
I have seen your taste in shoes in previous threads, definitely not my style plus at least I buy new shoes and never buy used shoes unlike yourself.
Good Day.

lol bash a guy for his opinion when you asked for one.

Not my type of shoe though. Enjoy em.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zilfi

Reaction score

Thanks Monty for the link and info.
I checked out the site but unfortunately there aren't a big collection for mens shoes but I really liked this Gucci Shoe:
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/gucci+men's+nubuck+moccasin?prodId=dsw12prod3810322&category=dsw12cat980002

Note: Taste differs from one region to another and from one culture to another. :)

Good Day.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your remark Christian.
I have seen your taste in shoes in previous threads, definitely not my style plus at least I buy new shoes and never buy used shoes unlike yourself.
Good Day.

I understand that I should have justified my statement as I'm quite biased when it comes to loafers; I feel that very few have the style to pull them off, and black leather loafers with a metal buckle is to me as classy as shoes from Wal-Mart, which is surely a misconception from my side but my opinion nonetheless. The construction and quality seems to be decent (I may be mistaken), but not justifiable by the price of nearly $300.

As you said, different cultures and regions have different tastes. I try to increase my knowledge of shoes while still living the life of a student, certain sacrifices must be done. Others may buy overpriced shoes just for the brand.

Last edited:

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello all,
Just a bought a pair of Gucci shoes for work from ebay at a reasonable price. Hopefully.
What do you guys think of its design and construction?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-GUCCI...4186058?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item53ecbe644a
All inputs and comments welcome.
Best Regards.

No comments on design. As this is not my cup of tea. Construction wise looks like cheap glue job. Also once you receive them compare them with ones from gucci stores just to make sure seller didn't rip you off with fakes. Good luck !

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the toe shape. Too squared. Oval toe is better.

zilfi

Reaction score

No comments on design. As this is not my cup of tea. Construction wise looks like cheap glue job. Also once you receive them compare them with ones from gucci stores just to make sure seller didn't rip you off with fakes. Good luck !

Gimme a break md2010. From the sole it looks like they have done a fairly decent job construction wise. Definitely not a "cheap glue job".

Regards.

zilfi

Reaction score

... not to talk about the leather appearance and the two 90° angles on the forefoot.

Still, I hope they're genuine...

I assume they are genuine as the seller has a 99.5% positive feedback and a feedback score of 6401.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads