• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Ebay-Italian story.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have dealt with 3 Italian ebayers before. All of them had problems of some sort with understanding or accepting the fact that the dispute is a direct result of their dumb actions. Is it typical for Italian men? Are they breastfed too long over there?

FROM my INBOX:

Hi Dkzzzz,

thanks for your purchase, but you've payed for italian postage, 20 dollars. For overseas shipping rate is 40 dollars, with 4% of paypal taxes, that are 11.6 dollars. Its ok if you can add a payment of 30 dollars, you can pay with paypal selecting other service.
Shoes will be dispatched tomorrow morning if payment will get gefore.
Thanks again and best regards from Italy,

Nick

MY-REPLY:

Hi Nikko. I am sorry for this misunderstanding.

Your auction clearly states US 20.00 ships to United States (right under price of product). When I click on shipping link and then update to receive a total shipping charge to US the shipping charge clearly states 20.00.

I guess you set up shipping options such way that it shows only 20.00 for USA.

Check your auction please.

Sincerely, Dkzzzz

HIS-REPLY:

You can read in description item, cost out of Italy are 40$

Shipping and handling worldwide are 30 Euro, ask for other type of shipment like UPS, Fed-Ex ecc.

and, if you read on terms and agreement, a 4% of the total price is required for paypal and ebay taxes.

I'm sorry but I can't send shoes paying half of shipping.

Nick

MY-REPLY:

Hello Nikko.
I don't want to argue about this.
You made a mistake in your listing and I do not want to take advantage of your mistake.
Just refund me please using refund payment link at the bototm of the PayPal page. PayPal will refund 4% fee to you automatically.
You will get your listing fees refunded by Ebay once you file non-paying bidder dispute. Which is a mute point since I was the only bidder anyway.
By the way, You cannot charge PayPal fees (4%) to buyers it is against Ebay policy. Ebay actually cancelled my auctions when I tryed to do that about a year ago. I know it sounds crazy but it is true.
smile.gif

You will get your listing fees refunded by Ebay once you file non-paying bidder dispute.
Sincerely, Dkzzzz

HIS-REPLY:

Hi

You don't need to argue about this, in the auction, LOOK, there is WRITE 30 EURO for overseas shipping, you SHOULD have read it. Now, I've wrote on auction that there would be a charge of 4% for paypal users. Its so easy to do that, you haven't wait the checkout page that I should have sent you, while you've think to pay without asking shipping cost. I don't think its my fault, I've always sold shoes in this way.
I'll ask to ebay staff.
Sincerely,
nick

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
it is frustrating isnt it? i had this happen a few times before with other country buyers but when i was a seller.

when i am a buyer, and i am interested in something from italy or somewhere, i always confirm everything through a few questions to the seller,
always verifying measurements, price, shipping, what have you that may cause a dispute later if there was a misunderstanding.

i would break down your email to him in small , concise , one-pointer emails.

not like your last email to him with so many points and so much writing i can understand if someone like him dont get everything you are saying.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had nothing but problems with Italian ebayers.

Twice, they 'did not receive' their packages. I provided them with scans of the postal receipts to show I sent their packages. They wanted me to use the cheapest delivery service, which of course does not come with an actual tracking number. Despite the fact that I had proof I sent the packages, they filed claims with paypal, and in both cases paypal sided with them (even after providing scans of the receipts, and customs forms numbers).

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And it continues:

<<Hello Dkzzzz,

I got reply from ebay support, like I said you should have been waited instruction about payment after you won auction. Now, if you are an honest person, just add 20 dollars (I don't charge 4% also if I've never do that) and I ship your shoes.

I don't want to be bother and to argue, the facts tell that in description page shipping for overseas are 30 euro. So pay 30 euro of shipping without make problems.

I'm sorry to tell you that you are in wrong, and you KNOW that shipping were 30 euro. Don't try to tell the contrary.
Just send me the remaining dollars, thanks,

Nick>>

Now he implies that I am dishonest and knew what corrrect shipping charge was. Albeit I am asking him for the second time to refund my PayPal payment and he for the second time ignores it.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could be due in part to English being his second language, but I don't like his attitude.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really irrelevant question: He signs his name as &quot;Nick&quot; but you refer to him as &quot;Nikko&quot;. Why is that?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Really irrelevant question: He signs his name as "Nick" but you refer to him as "Nikko". Why is that?

His name is Nikko Battistura. Do you think he would be more cooperative if I called him Nick?
smile.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
His name is Nikko Battistura. Do you think he would be more cooperative if I called him Nick?
smile.gif

I'd start calling him something that rhymes with "Nick".
smile.gif

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Could be due in part to English being his second language, but I don't like his attitude.

It is always the same. Italians tend to escalate disputes or misunderstandings to personal insults right away. He is questioning my honesty here and implying that I am intentionally trying to defraud him.
It is the same pattern every time. Florence is not considered South of Italy, is it? I am looking for explanation to his attitude...

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is always the same. Italians tend to escalate disputes or misunderstandings to personal insults right away. He is questioning my honesty here and implying that I am intentionally trying to defraud him. It is the same pattern every time. Florence is not considered South of Italy, is it? I am looking for explanation to his attitude...
Not South of Italy - more middle (but North of Rome).

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you link the auction so we can see both sides of the story?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3132&rd=1&rd=1

After I escalated my refund request through PayPal.

HE WROTE:

<<Just take it easy and don't make the funny boy. Its obvious you wanted to try to cheat on shipping, are you happy your payment has been canceled?
You should buy a apir of All Star, they probably are the right shoes for you!
wink.gif
>>

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3132&rd=1&rd=1

After I escalated my refund request through PayPal.

HE WROTE:

<<Just take it easy and don't make the funny boy. Its obvious you wanted to try to cheat on shipping, are you happy your payment has been canceled?
You should buy a apir of All Star, they probably are the right shoes for you!
wink.gif
>>

I have to admit my Italian stat. sample is very small: 3 transactions only ,but all 3 went south in exactly the same manner.

Now I cannot help thinking that I should stick to US or UK sites. Unfortunately this fuker was selling on US site and that is how I stepped into him.

Josef Seibel

Reaction score
bizarre.......opening the auction it indicates immediateley 40$ for s+h to germany. the same price is indicated for shipping to the cayman islands and even western samoa, which sounds quite fair to me. indeed, shipping for the usa is indicated by 20$: sending out parcels to the usa from time to time, i found out, you have to calculate a minimum of €24,-- (35$)! - this sounds more like a technical problem to me..... -- apart therefrom: quite nice boots.............

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads