• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM Chelsea Boots from Vietnam

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
: However, Ho Chi Minh is uniquely admired throughout the country and his role in Vietnamese history is as great as any. Nothing wrong with the city having its official name tied to the man at all, IMO.

Chin chin, Ho Chi Minh.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BipgoBumpo
By the way, what kind of deposit do these guys expect? Half the price (one shoe)?
Didnt charge me a deposit, I collect them on Sat.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
Damn-- I would totally try out a couple pairs at 60 bucks a pop-- hell-- even 70 bucks!

well I do owe you a favor now man. She didnt do a lot in the way of measurements (traced foot, ran a tape measure around it), maybe my people could talk to your people or something....

orlagu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BipgoBumpo
By the way, what kind of deposit do these guys expect? Half the price (one shoe)? Also, I don't know how any of you feel on this next question and its aesthetics and moral issues, but do they have any "exotic" leathers, such as ostrich or crocodile? You can get crocodile belts and wallets all over town, since they farm them around here, but I haven't seen any crocodile shoes here. I did see some really expensive ones in a shop in Mui Ne that seemed to cater to Russian Mafiosi.
Crocodile leather avl upon request. Seen a pair of boots there, told me they costed around US$600 (IIRC). Didn't look very pretty if you ask me.

BipgoBumpo

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll head there in the morning before work to check them out. I wouldn't get crocodile anything until I'm happy with how they work with good old-fashioned cow leather (or water buffalo, as the case might be here) first.

BipgoBumpo

Reaction score
This was pretty cool. I went there this afternoon to check out their selection, which is excellent, and I picked up these oxfords for 750,000 VND. Incredibly, my feet were the same size and shape as the shoes on display, so I didn't have to wait for them to be made for me! And because they're made of crocodile-embossed calfskin, that takes care of my desire for genuine crocodile shoes. Embossed leather is more durable than crocodile, and cheaper, too. The lady there was impressed with the quality of the Tony Lama cowboy boots I was wearing, and claimed that, although it would be difficult, she could pull off a copy for $150. I'll get some other shoes made first before I challenge her with the boots.

orlagu

Reaction score
What time were you there? If you came by around 3pm, you might had a sneak preview on m@T's new G&G Hiltons
tongue.gif
, which he has to wait until tomorrow morning to claim
sly.gif

BipgoBumpo

Reaction score
I was there just before 3. You weren't the tall guy with the bag from Cao Minh who was leaving as I was coming in, were you?

BipgoBumpo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by orlagu
Guess that wasn't me. We share the same tailor - Lam.

Oh, well, I guess it was someone else. Glad to hear there's another person who likes Lam, I just picked another suit from them. I'm going back to 97 LTT tomorrow to get some brogues and some derbys, if I have the time.

BipgoBumpo

Reaction score
Just went back and picked up these nice black blüchers, just 750,000 VND. Once again, they had my size and shape and whatnot, so I didn't have to wait for them to be made. And they gave me a free shoe-horn, too!

BipgoBumpo

Reaction score
Just picked up some more great shoes from Tran Quoc Lan. I got a pair of brown suede quarter-brogues that look a lot like Orlagu's that were just 750,000 VND again, and a pair of loafers for 380,000 VND.

binatang

Reaction score
Wow you guys have been really at it
laugh.gif

Looks like the Vietnam contingent has been growing.
m@T when can we see your shoes ... don't hold out on us.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If all the measurements they do are tracing the foot and running a tape measure around it, how hard would it be to do that yourself and mail them the results? Seems like a way to get some nice well fitting shoes for my very limited budget.

Do they do things like that or would I need to be there in person? I have a friend in india for the next 3 months...maybe he can find a similarly priced shoemaker

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads